WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon WUSers,
looking for a signed crown for my 1972 Oceanographer Snorkel, 11 BLACD. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
jcohen...hello!

Parts for these older watches will almost always be a problem, and there's almost never an easy solution. Ebay is a fine resource, although it can be unusually time-consuming to need to sift-through all the stuff that's there.

I am a fan of "Dave's Watch Parts". He is a good guy, and has a really impressive selection of parts and watches and supplies.

"Jones and Horan" of New Hampshire are famous for offering some really neat watches ,& they usually have several lots of assorted wristwatches.

Finally: you cannot go wrong with either the USA-based "NAWCC" or "AWI". I have been a Member of both, and there are folks there who are real Experts when it comes not only to repair and collecting, but 'just' (!) for their Encyclopedic Knowledge...you never know what they might suggest, or have tucked-away in an old part's drawer...!

Oh: the Bulova crown should be 'easy'...wait a while, & you'll find one!

Michael.

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info. Here is the case back. The current crown is a non-signed replacement. B3994C42-729D-479B-B34D-A66239DBD616.jpeg

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies, of course. The case back number is 714-1.

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love this forum!! Thank you, Samantha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts