WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, Im turning 30 this year and want to get my self a good and beautiful watch for 2k. I'm not really very particular about watches but I think it's time for me to get a decent watch. I like the looks of the Tag Heuer Formula 1, Aquaracers and those beautiful Breitling Chronos. Im not looking for a dress watch, I'm more into Sporty kinda look but classy enough to look good on a tuxido.

All the best!

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Hello there, Im turning 30 this year and want to get my self a good and beautiful watch for 2k. I'm not really very particular about watches but I think it's time for me to get a decent watch. I like the looks of the Tag Heuer Formula 1, Aquaracers and those beautiful Breitling Chronos. Im not looking for a dress watch, I'm more into Sporty kinda look but classy enough to look good on a tuxido.

All the best!
Based on what you like and the budget you're talking about, I'm assuming you plan on buying used. Even used, you'll have trouble getting close to your budget for the types of watches you're talking about (Breitling Chronos run about 2.5X your budget).

My suggestion as a great 'go-to' watch (used) in the brand range you're talking about, that will stand the test of time 'style wise', and is sporty on the bracelet but looks good enough when paired on a leather strap to work with a tuxedo, is the Omega Speedmaster Professional. You should be able to find a good used one within your budget if you're patient and look hard.

Of course, if you want to drop your sights a bit as far as brand, there are many many excellent options out there that will suit you just fine and that you will be able to find new, within your budget. One line that stands out within your budget is the Jazzmaster line from Hamilton. Something like the Lord Hamilton Auto Chrono, the Auto Chrono, or the funkier Cushion Auto Chrono (which I think would look awesome dressed up) might be to your liking, and all are within your budget. Those are just a few examples from one brand that has a lot to offer in the $1,000 to $2,000 range. There are lots of other great options out there too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brent, I really like the Omega Speedmaster Pro.. One question, Where is the best place to get good used watches? With good reputation and scam-free of course.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Brent, I really like the Omega Speedmaster Pro.. One question, Where is the best place to get good used watches? With good reputation and scam-free of course.
The WUS Sales Forum, of course :-!

Here's what a search will pull up, then you need to sift through it looking for the Professionals (or Moonwatches) that are for sale.

You could also place a want ad in the Wanted to Buy forum.

You can research a seller's reputation on the WUS Feedback and Reputation Forum as well as research what past watches have sold for to get an idea of market value. eBay is a good place to research market value as well (watch what they sell for, not the Buy it Now price).

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
You can probably find a nice used Speedy pro for around 2K on the sales forum here. Most listings are from real respectable members, but beware of s__thead scammers. Buy the seller as well as the watch and you should be fine.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I would take your time and spend some time here reading before you rush in and buy that Tag or Breitling. You may discover options you have not thought about. Give yourself time to sort through all your options, a few of which include: a preowned Omega Speedmaster, Hamilton Pan Europ, Sinn U1, Dievas, Glycine, Kobold, UTS, Stowa Flieger, Damasko, etc. etc. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

Ball Engineer II Red Label on bracelet!

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Longines HydroConquest:7

Longines Sport Collection Hydroconquest Water Resisitant 1000 feet Men's Watch L3.642.4.56.6.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts