WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took a good look at my collection & did an honest accessment... I don't own a real dress watch :think:
I'm pretty well loaded up with Divers -Seiko Monsters, Seiko Sumo's & some others ..I like Divers .

Like to find Mechanical / automatic , Stainless [no gold] 39mm - 42mm . I imagine Leather strap is more common in dress watch but I'm open on that .

A small second hand with a power reserve would be great ;-) not thinking black face maybe white or off white / champagne
I like Sinn & Damasko but nothing in their offerings work [at my price range at least]
Maybe Muhle Glasshutte ?? Omega [pre owned of course AT]

any ideas ?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Tissot Visodate? It's been recommended probably countless times before, I think, but that's because it's a pretty nice looking piece for the money. I've always thought about adding one to my collection.

tissot-visodate-1957_2.jpg
40mm case diameter

If you're going German, maybe a Nomos Tangente. There's one on the sales forum for around your price limit. The one on sale is about 35mm case in diamter, but I've read that they wear larger than the specs suggest.

Nomos_Tangente_Datum_560.jpg
(Tangente Datum)

I so want one of these. :<

Reactions: MusicPDX

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you're going German, maybe a Nomos Tangente. There's one on the sales forum for around your price limit. This one is about 35mm case in diamter, but I've read that they wear larger than the specs suggest.

View attachment 1257078

I so want one of these. :<
Actually, the Tangente with date (datum) shown here is 38mm. The Nomos date-change mechanism wraps around the outside of the movement, as opposed to being installed on top of it as is more conventional - hence the larger diameter. It does indeed wear large. I kind of wish my datum were around 36mm instead, as it looks a bit larger than I like.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I meant the one on sale, but I can see the confusion caused, so edited accordingly.

When I get enough funds, I'll have a hard time deciding between a 35 or 38mm case model, that's for sure.

·
Registered
780 Posts
These Laco Bauhaus watches come in black or silver, auto or handwound... Zeno3644i12L.jpg

Zeno3532i3L.jpg

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The Longines Master Collection has several watches which include power reserve features and a 42 millimetre case. Available at under $2000.
l26664783.jpg

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
If I were you, I'd be dying to get my hands on this Limes Pharo Hand Wound:

Limes.jpg

The Pharo Big Dates and Day Dates are worth checking out as well. All the watches in this line are 40.5mm; if they were two or three millimeters smaller I'd sell something to get one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not the world's greatest picture, but I hope this helps you decide :)

nomoswrist_zps927964e5.jpg

FWIW my wrist is about 7.25" and the Tangomat is 38mm. An Orion with white face would be under your budget, and they have a Tangente with power reserve for a little more.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If I were you, I'd be dying to get my hands on this Limes Pharo Hand Wound:

View attachment 1257592

The Pharo Big Dates and Day Dates are worth checking out as well. All the watches in this line are 40.5mm; if they were two or three millimeters smaller I'd sell something to get one.
This just crossed my mind. Delete "Limes" and replace that with "Patek Phillipe" or "A Lange & Sohne" put your hand to your heart and believe its true.

Reactions: ljb187

·
Registered
24 Posts
33333333333.jpg longines flagship heritage.jpg Love this watch!

Reactions: TimeWizard

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
10000812026_07af2471d8_z.jpg
526918d1355002856-nomos-club-dunkel-01111.jpg

Yours for $1,720, with $280 left to put towards your next purchase :)
What's more, the Club Dunkel transcends between Casual and Dress seamlessly.

P/S: Of course I'm bias because that's my watch, so please take my words with a pinch of salt.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I grabbed this Louis Erard Regulateur off a fellow WUS and it fit everything I wanted in a dress watch:

The downside is I seldom get to wear the thing as I normally need more rugged and tool type watches so I don't know if I should keep it around just to have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts