WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a luminox sr-71 blackbird ana/dig watch from a jewelry store that is an AD for luminox. Paid a little over 1k and I cannot find this watch anywhere online. It is LE to 500 and is series 9040

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
So what's your question? I presume you're worried it could be fake?

I'd be really surprised if an AD sold you a fake, but if you're worried, maybe try contacting Luminox directly?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question was has anyone else seen these, I highly doubt it's fake since it's a huge name jewelry store. They had 3 of them in store, first time I've seen this watch in the format

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was Kays jewelers, they are a huge jewelry store and own many smaller stores. This watch was made in an ana dig combo in another version, they made a quartz analog chrono and a Valjoux 7750 chrono

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also this one has a ISA 9011 which is a syncing second ana dig movement, it looks real and I emailed luminox, if they says it's fake then it's going back.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else? No word from luminox, might return it if it's fake. Hard to believe a name brand jewelry store like Kays would sell a fake since mine has been selling luminox for years

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wouldn't imagine that it's fake, bud. Especially if you bought it from a place like Kay. Also, if the tritium glows properly, I'd say there's no way it could be a fake, as it is probably pretty hard for Chinese counterfeiters to get their hands on radioactive materials.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Tritium is on part with other luminox watches I've owned. I'm just trying to find when it was released. I'm thinking it was released around the time the 9052 which is an ana digi but just a different layout. Mine uses an isa 9011 and the 9052 uses an isa movement too. Kay carries about 25 luminox models right now at my store. It's a huge display. I'm waiting to hear from luminox, I'm betting this is a NOS version and is about 8 years old

·
Registered
514 Posts

Tritium is on part with other luminox watches I've owned. I'm just trying to find when it was released. I'm thinking it was released around the time the 9052 which is an ana digi but just a different layout. Mine uses an isa 9011 and the 9052 uses an isa movement too. Kay carries about 25 luminox models right now at my store. It's a huge display. I'm waiting to hear from luminox, I'm betting this is a NOS version and is about 8 years old

Yeah, looks legit to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts