WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seiko 7002 7039 with Singapore Movt. It has the Pepsi bezel. I have owned this watch for quite a while.

It is in really good condition and I have not worn it very often. It sits in my watch box. For some reason the other day this watch just caught my attention with the Pepsi bezel, jubilee bracelet and flat black dial with date only. Really very sharp.

Now for my ask. As stated it has the jubilee bracelet. Code 44G1ZI. Can someone tell me if this is period correct? And if not what is correct?

Thanks

I have had no luck searching so far.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Throwing this up again to see if anyone can assist with correct jubilee for 7002- 7039

·
Registered
417 Posts
According to Seiko internal web site, the current 44G1-Z-I bracelet (used up to last year on the SKX lineup) is not the original style.

It shows it to be the discontinued 4233-ZG.

Screenshot_20201030-181134~2.png

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. Very helpful. Now to tack down the 4233ZG.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am a bit embarrassed but I will own up to my poor memory. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that I had the correct oyster bracelet for my seiko 7002, and that I had taken it off in favor of a jubilee. Well I began my search today and sure enough, after looking through watch boxes, strap cases and parts drawers, bingo! The 4233 oyster was in a plastics parts container.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I am a bit embarrassed but I will own up to my poor memory. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that I had the correct oyster bracelet for my seiko 7002, and that I had taken it off in favor of a jubilee. Well I began my search today and sure enough, after looking through watch boxes, strap cases and parts drawers, bingo! The 4233 oyster was in a plastics parts container.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
You're definitely not alone there bud. It has happened to me on a couple of times. 😁
I also recently got hold of a 4233ZG, thanks to a fine gentleman from another watch forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts