WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I'm one of those indecisive people that just can't seem to make up his mind. I'm normally into dive watches but I've been eyeballing a new g-shock or pathfinder recently. I just can't decide on which on which pathfinder to get. These are my current top three:

PAW1300G-1V for $210

PAG80L-1V for $150

PAG40 for $120

Basically I like the digital compass feature of all three (even if it's not that accurate) and the tough solar feature on both the PAW1300 and PAG80. The PAW1300 is my top choice because of the ease of swapping out the band, but I can't seem to justify the extra $60 just for that. The only thing holding me back from the PAG40 is the idea that it lacks the tough solar feature and I wouldn't want to swap batteries every year or so.

Anybody care to chime in with their opinions? Good, bad, or other?

·
7,946 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the Forum.

How important is size to you? The PAG-40 is HUGE, PAG80 is very large, and the PAW1300 has a larger width, but it is thin and light. Also how important are other features to you such as Countdown timer, and stopwatch?

If the other features and size don't matter PAG40 is a good bet. If size and the solar factor are important PAG40 is better, The thing I like about the 1300G is obviously the fact I can swap bands, but also I can wear it anywhere comfortably, I like the look weight, color, amount of info on the screen, and the features....I guess I'm bias.....feel free to check out the Youtube review I did on it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCxlBETbYaM

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the Forum.

How important is size to you? The PAG-40 is HUGE, PAG80 is very large, and the PAW1300 has a larger width, but it is thin and light. Also how important are other features to you such as Countdown timer, and stopwatch?

If the other features and size don't matter PAG40 is a good bet. If size and the solar factor are important PAG40 is better, The thing I like about the 1300G is obviously the fact I can swap bands, but also I can wear it anywhere comfortably, I like the look weight, color, amount of info on the screen, and the features....I guess I'm bias.....feel free to check out the Youtube review I did on it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCxlBETbYaM
aw, u jack !!!! a minute faster than my post.
Deploy stabbing bunny

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice...sounds like the PAW1300G is the best bet. The size of the watch is a bit of a factor and I do like the slimmer design of the 1300.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Or why not consider 1500? Luv mine... :-!

when compared to 1300 it has a lot more rugged look in my opinion... I like that...

As you can see 1500 wears a bit larger but it does have a bit more "rugged" look that I like...

Cheers and good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
442 Posts
And I have declared my love for my PRG40 (think that is the same as the PAG40) several times before, so I might as well do it again!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The PAW1300 is my top choice because of the ease of swapping out the band, but I can't seem to justify the extra $60 just for that.
The 1300 has a module with more features, and improved features . . . the extra $60 wouldn't be just for the ease of swapping out the band. ;-)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the 1500 is nice but i just can't seem to justify the extra cost. in all honesty i probably won't even use most of the functions that this watch can do.

Or why not consider 1500? Luv mine... :-!

when compared to 1300 it has a lot more rugged look in my opinion... I like that...

As you can see 1500 wears a bit larger but it does have a bit more "rugged" look that I like...

Cheers and good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I don't know about the other two, but I wore this watch all over the world and literally beat it to death... Then I promptly got another one... Shallow water diving, weekly swimming, daily running, plenty of PT in the sand, etc..

40 ALL THE WAY..

OLD ONE

NEW ONE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts