WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum and I need help on buying my first automatic watch. I've been looking for a classic automatic watch under $1000 and the model that caught my eye is Frederique Constant FC-303mc4p6.
FC303.jpg

I did investigate what FC-303 movement is and found out that it is a regular ETA 2824/Sellita SW 200 movement. I was able to find Swiss made watches with the same movement for around half the price such as Candino - Classic Automatic C4494 C4494/4 - Swiss Made Watches. I agree that design is a lot better on FC, but am I getting anything more for double the price?

Thanks,
K

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
In buying the more expensive FC, I would bet you are getting a better quality watch. Better finishing of the case, dial, and hands. While they may have the same movement, you are also paying the price of buying a name brand/established company. This is a common question in the world of watches, and can be said about many brands. There are also different levels of the ETA/Selita movement, so that is something to keep in mind.

Generally, I would say that the FC is worth the upgrade if you can afford it. They are now making their own movements and seem to generally liked among forum members who have them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice. I just wanted to be sure I'm not throwing my money away. If you believe it's worth the extra money I'm buying it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts