WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Glad I found this forum. Hope some of you knowledgeable people can help me out with this situation:

I own a Tag WK1210.BA0309. I've used it for daily wear since 2000 or so (and it shows it.) It's been tough, dependable, and accurate - all I could ask for in a watch. I'd like to keep wearing it for a long time. But I'm running into some problems.

Recently the spring bar at the top of the watch has popped out. Had it replaced at the local authorized dealer. Now it's popped out again. All in less than a month. The original spring bar lasted for years and years. Not sure what's going on. Perhaps my wrist has gotten larger and it's putting pressure on the bracelet? Dunno. I do have a couple of spare links as included with the watch originally. It still fits properly and comfortable as far as I can see.

Also the diver's bezel around now turns both directions instead of one direction only. I don't dive with the watch - I do take it in the swimming pool occasionally - but it'd be nice to have all watch functions working properly.

I've never had the watch overhauled or done any other kind of service except battery changes as needed at the local authorized dealer. I think the watch could stand an overhaul including replacement of any damaged parts.

I would prefer to repair the watch instead of replace it with new, assuming the economics make sense.

Any recommendations on where to get the watch repaired (NYC metro area or mail away service), what services should I have done, and what should I expect to pay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Any good watchmaker can give it a full servive and water resistance test - which I think u need it after all this time.

Alternatively you can let the work be carried out by TAGHeuer workshop. Being in new york , I guess you wouldn't have any problem finding a TAGHeuer boutique to sort it out for ya.

In Australia they recently increased the price for a full service "overhaul" , and now costs around $110 USD for quartz three hands such as yours. Things can be pretty expensive in Aus, I would nt be surprised if it cost less in the USA.

This should also sort yr trouble with bracelet too. Nice Tag 2000:-!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any good watchmaker can give it a full servive and water resistance test - which I think u need it after all this time.

Alternatively you can let the work be carried out by TAGHeuer workshop. Being in new york , I guess you wouldn't have any problem finding a TAGHeuer boutique to sort it out for ya.
Thanks for the reply! Actually I'm looking for a recommendation of a good, reasonably priced jeweler to do the work in the NYC metro area or via mail order. The local TAGHeuer AD couldn't get the spring bar installation right on my watch so I'm not thrilled to go back to them for a full overhaul service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts