WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow G Shockers,

I along with a partner are in the process of designing and manufacturing a new model of watches that are some what based off of the G Shock model of watches made by Casio. I only say this because we are using a lot of colors in the watch and it will be made out of resin plastic. They will also have extreme lume in the face.

Based on these facts, any ideas for the name? Since you guys are the target market, I figured you would know best. I need some creative ones aimed towards the young adult crowd. :-!

I can't posts any sketches of the watch yet, but they will be colorful like these watches attached but with quartz movement filled with lume. If they were not called G Shocks, what would be a name that is unique, simple, and emphasis's "colors"?

Lets go G Shockers!! I need your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
what about LüM? Im not sure if that means anything in German or another Gutteral language, but I think it would look cool on a tough watch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good ideas so far. Keep in mind the watch is not going to be a digital watch. It is a quartz watch in a plastic resin body.

I am trying to stay away from Lum or Lume being in the name......

The name may not even have to do anything with watches - Just something that sounds cool and is unique.

I was thinking something with Chroma in it since chroma means colors.

Good ideas though. Keep them coming and we'll hit a winner! |>

·
Registered
747 Posts
watchucolor :-d

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Something unique, and projects loads of attitude.

"Watchulookingat!" :-d

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Well as far as colors are concerned I definetly think that you should choose one of them to be Fluorescent/Neon Yellow color. Despite all the enourmus amount of color combos over the years, casio have never released a neon yellow G-Shock. The closest have been the yellow baby G in one of your pictures. But it only come close but not quite the real deal...

Neon yellow is almost extinct in the watch world these days. When it comes to neon yellow though it is very important to get the color just right, a little to much green in the mix and the color will look cheapish. With the right mix though it is a killer color. This is the color you want:

And this:

Who said Neon yellow was not sexy hehe:-d:-d

Here is an example of an adidas watch from the 1990's where they got it right colorwise:

Here is an example of a bad neon yellow color:

As for the name how about Fluxtime:think:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If they were not called G Shocks, what would be a name that is unique, simple, and emphasis's "colors"?
Chromaton: chroma (color) by the ton --> wide selection of colors.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I think you should call it "DEEPCDVR" and send me royalties! :-d

Good luck with your project. Cool watches..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with you Joakim. I am looking for something different with this watch. Neon is something that has gone away. They could be a branch off of the main color scheme......maybe a flourescent family?

Great input !!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
How about Epochrome or Epochroma?
An epoch is a measurement of time (or a time period) and it ties in the chroma you were wanting?
Best of luck with your venture!
Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great names!!

What if we strayed away from the Chrom(a). That was just a suggestion I threw in there. Maybe it doesn't even have to do with watches. Something that symbolizes the people wearing it maybe?

Boldness, Youth, Culture, Style, Fasion, Color

I have seen a few clothing companies such as BAPE and Envisu with names that have nothing to do with their products? Do you guys think this road is a good one to take?

Or stick with a name that has to do with the product. Example: Toy Watch Brand.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts