WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello watch peeps.

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to get this piece that went missing.
I own the spb149/sbdc107 LE that comes with both the bracelet, and resin strap.
On the resin strap, the hole where the spring bars go into (to attach to the case) it contains a metal tube inside.
The spring bar goes into that metal tube and it allows the strap to swing freely.
That’s the piece I’m looking to replace. One of the tubes went missing.

I tried reaching out to Seiko to order the part, and they weren’t very helpful.
They charged and sent me an incorrect part (collars for the bracelet pushpins) that I specifically told them it wasn’t that part.
Now they have no idea what I’m talking about.

I can take a picture and attach here once I’m back with the watch/strap, but those that own the newer spb lineup with resin strap may know what I’m talking about.
They should be in the Spb149, spb153, spc147, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I know exactly what you mean but have no idea what it's called or how to look it up online.
Is it a sleeve? a liner? who sells them?
Maybe try emailing Mark from LIW to see if he can offer some assistance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao. Thanks. Yeah that’s it.
Seiko swears there’s such part number. Maybe it’s just part of the strap.
food idea about reaching out to Marc at LIW.

I’m going to swing by a Seiko AD dealer later today. Maybe they can help as well.
Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean but have no idea what it's called or how to look it up online.
Is it a sleeve? a liner? who sells them?
Maybe try emailing Mark from LIW to see if he can offer some assistance.

Reactions: Kev161

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
1,313 Posts
As a work around, there’s regular tape you can make a small roll onto itself with the sticky side on the outside. Insert that into the resin strap.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
if you are talking about the spring bar sleeve, then that is not a part you can order from Seiko separately, that is a part of the strap. So you would have to buy a new strap. This sleeve is present to both make the spring bar a bit more stronger and to prevent the strap from grabbing the spring bar and possibly popping the spring bar off when the strap is flexed(like if it gets caught on something). It is a bit of overkill as the Seiko spring bars don't have ridges that can catch on the strap and be pulled out. Those sleeves are not there to make the strap swing more freer. If the strap part that is missing the sleeve seems to be not swinging so free then perhaps it is catching on some gunk that was holding the sleeve in. They should swing freely without or without the sleeve.

I have had several Tuna models and all had straps with the sleeves in them. I never liked the tuna straps so I switched them out with Seiko Solar Arnie and Seiko Turtle straps. I used the same spring bars from the Tuna and the straps were fine.

So clean out the spring bar hole on the one with the missing sleeve and put it back in the watch and wear it happily. The missing sleeve will not impact your ability to wear the watch. It will not wear out the strap or wear out the watch's lug holes. The watch will be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts