WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a G Shock GR7900NV-2 and can't seem to find much information on this particular model. It's the Navy blue solar non atomic model. I heard some people had problems with the bezel screws and am also concerned about availability of replacement straps that match the Navy blue color if I need one. Anyone have any info? Any strap ideas? It will be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've also recently made a purchase of a 7900. The one you got does have metal screws. However, the chance of them falling out are very slim and nothing to worry about. If you do want to change them, I suggest getting some plastic screws and changing them. If you want a replacement strap, maybe go with a Nato strap and get some adapters. Could probably find one on Ebay, Amazon, or Rakuten.

Cheers, Ari

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Most parts for that model are available, including the strap, bezel, and the front-mounted bezel screws.

If you're in the US, here's Pacparts' parts list for that model: Casio GR7900NV-2 Parts and Accessories

If you're in the UK or Europe, Tiktox.com can order any of the same parts, even if they're not currently on their website.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've also recently made a purchase of a 7900. The one you got does have metal screws. However, the chance of them falling out are very slim and nothing to worry about. If you do want to change them, I suggest getting some plastic screws and changing them. If you want a replacement strap, maybe go with a Nato strap and get some adapters. Could probably find one on Ebay, Amazon, or Rakuten.

Cheers, Ari
I ordered replacement screws just in case, so I'm not too incredibly worried about that. Do they make adapters for this model?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most parts for that model are available, including the strap, bezel, and the front-mounted bezel screws.

If you're in the US, here's Pacparts' parts list for that model: Casio GR7900NV-2 Parts and Accessories

If you're in the UK or Europe, Tiktox.com can order any of the same parts, even if they're not currently on their website.
Is there any nylon band you'd recommend? I'm in the US. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Do you want a nylon band, or another navy blue, stock Casio strap?

If you're going to go the adapter/Zulu strap route:

Casio's standard 16mm adapters will fit, but you'll apparently need to take the "wings" (aka "case back protectors" on Pacparts' list) off: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/any-pics-g-7900-adaptors-424736.html

There's a lot more information in this thread about other adapters, nylon straps, the difference between NATO and Zulu straps, and how to bypass the forum search software to find answers: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/nato...-1000-series-frogman-1090199.html#post8419488

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you want a nylon band, or another navy blue, stock Casio strap?

If you're going to go the adapter/Zulu strap route:

Casio's standard 16mm adapters will fit, but you'll apparently need to take the "wings" (aka "case back protectors" on Pacparts' list) off: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/any-pics-g-7900-adaptors-424736.html

There's a lot more information in this thread about other adapters, nylon straps, the difference between NATO and Zulu straps, and how to bypass the forum search software to find answers: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/nato...-1000-series-frogman-1090199.html#post8419488

I've seen models with a stock two piece nylon strap. The model I'm thinking of is the DW9052V-1CR. Anyone know where I can get that strap?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
They seem to be out of all of the straps :/
Pacparts is almost always out of stock on everything that's not a common, high-turnover item -- that is 100% normal and it comes up here at least once a week. From a business perspective, they don't want to tie up tens of thousands of dollars gambling on inventory that may or may not sell quickly, and who can blame them? (They sell a lot of things like springbars and O-rings, but how many of these straps do you think they sell in a week or a year?)

If a part is listed on their website (and isn't listed as "DISCONTINUED" in big red letters) that means that they'll wait for someone to order the part before they put it on their weekly (or twice weekly) order from Casio.

You order the part, THEY order the part, the part gets delivered to them, they mail it to you. It takes a little longer that way, which is why they say "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks," but you'll get your parts fairly quickly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pacparts is almost always out of stock on everything that's not a common, high-turnover item -- that is 100% normal and it comes up here at least once a week. From a business perspective, they don't want to tie up tens of thousands of dollars gambling on inventory that may or may not sell quickly, and who can blame them? (They sell a lot of things like springbars and O-rings, but how many of these straps do you think they sell in a week or a year?)

If a part is listed on their website (and isn't listed as "DISCONTINUED" in big red letters) that means that they'll wait for someone to order the part before they put it on their weekly (or twice weekly) order from Casio.

You order the part, THEY order the part, the part gets delivered to them, they mail it to you. It takes a little longer that way, which is why they say "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks," but you'll get your parts fairly quickly.
Couldn't I just order them directly from Casio and save some cash?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Maybe, or maybe not.

Do you want to pay the cost of shipping for a small parcel from Japan when Pacparts has larger packages coming in weekly and can split that initial postage cost among all of their customers?

Will Casio even sell directly to us any more? Here's the link to the "Parts" page of their website, and their phone number: Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO

About three years ago, Casio would (and did) sell directly to consumers. I ordered from them a couple of times and never could figure out their pricing structure -- sometimes a part would be cheaper than at Pacparts (which made sense), and other times it would be more expensive.

A year or so later, that webpage had a blurb saying (paraphrased) "we will no longer sell parts directly to consumers. To buy parts, contact one of our two Authorized Parts Distributors listed above." There was a lot of complaining and speculation about that here on the forums, and that's also when the list of "we won't sell these particular parts at all" came out.

Now that blurb is gone, and while I've suggested that a few people give it a try, I can't recall anybody posting a definitive "I ordered from Casio" or "they told me 'no.'"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe, or maybe not.

Do you want to pay the cost of shipping for a small parcel from Japan when Pacparts has larger packages coming in weekly and can split that initial postage cost among all of their customers?

Will Casio even sell directly to us any more? Here's the link to the "Parts" page of their website, and their phone number: Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO

About three years ago, Casio would (and did) sell directly to consumers. I ordered from them a couple of times and never could figure out their pricing structure -- sometimes a part would be cheaper than at Pacparts (which made sense), and other times it would be more expensive.

A year or so later, that webpage had a blurb saying (paraphrased) "we will no longer sell parts directly to consumers. To buy parts, contact one of our two Authorized Parts Distributors listed above." There was a lot of complaining and speculation about that here on the forums, and that's also when the list of "we won't sell these particular parts at all" came out.

Now that blurb is gone, and while I've suggested that a few people give it a try, I can't recall anybody posting a definitive "I ordered from Casio" or "they told me 'no.'"
Hmm, when I make a decision I'll give them a call and post my results :)

That's when (most likely IF) I make a decision! So many options!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts