WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a green GBX-100 last week. Everything is fine except I cannot set it to have accurate tide information. I think I have followed the manual properly such as setting up home time, etc and specified the port (Vung Tau, Vietnam) by using the iPhone application name G-Shock Move. The problem is that the tide information of both high and low tide time is not correct when comparing with other sources on internet. Actually, it is quite opposite. For example, when G-Shock Move app says the hide tide for today is 8.30 pm, when i cross-check with other sources in the internet I found that the 8.30 pm is low tide! Therefore, right now I still get the wrong tide information on my GBX.

I also try to use custom setting but just got a little better. The time is more accurate but still different from the other sources around 1-2 hours.

However, I think it must be the way to correct this. It should have the correct tide information when I choose the port which already been set up in the app. I had already sent an email asking Casio and still waiting for their reply.

If anyone has the same experience or know how to correct it, please share.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. The tide chart is wrong. I have a rangeman and I set up the tide using the app and its accurate. The gbx is off by about 5 hours and that's setting using the app as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem is the app (G-Shock Move) because even I use custom setting for the tide, it is still off by hours. In addition, today I just buy a Pro Trek PRT-B50 which use with the app named Pro Trek Connected. I also cannot connect the watch with the app at all (iOS). I read in the comment section of the app and found that all of the comments are the same as mine. They cannot connected their watch with the app.

Good watches cannot fully utilized from bad apps. Please correct it urgently, Casio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree it's the app that's fault. Gshock Connect works fine. I bought the watch predominantly for the tide graph function. If they don't fix it I've wasted my money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the GBX-100 and have the same issue, all the tide times for Australia are out by hours. I hope they are able to update the app to fix this as it is the main feature i bought the watch for

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but are you all located in the Southern Hemisphere? Could it be something to do with that?

Anyone in the Northern Hemisphere having similar issues?

EDIT:

Just re-read the other GBX-100 THREAD, it looks like Northern Hemisphere is similarly impacted. Apologies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I do now in the app is to choose the specific point from the map and put the high tide time manually. This makes the tide times better but it still sometimes off by hours but sometimes is off by minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really want to like this watch, but the tide capabilities and setup are so infuriating. It really feels like the tide portion of the Move app was not fully tested.

High and low tide information are consistently off by more than an hour. When I select any number of provided tide locations from the Move map, it shows the next high tide that is clearly wrong. It then sends this wrong info to the watch. I can't blame the watch because it's just getting bad data from Move.

If I try to setup a location manually with the Move app it still gets all confused somehow with DST. I finally got Move to show the correct high tide information, but then the watch was off by an hour.

I also have to "send to watch" twice for it to update the UI in the move app.

Lastly, I don't want User-1, User-2 as the name sent to the Watch, use the name we provide when we define User-n.

Really feels like some poor software testing was done here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have there been any updates on this? I just got the watch today mainly for the tide functionality but here on the east coast of Australia the tide is out by hours. Has any one had any luck with support from Casio?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have there been any updates on this? I just got the watch today mainly for the tide functionality but here on the east coast of Australia the tide is out by hours. Has any one had any luck with support from Casio?
I don't see any updates yet. You may set up the port for tide manually by select some point on the map (in the app) and specify the high tide time (see the user manual). It will be better but for me it is still off by around 1-1.5 hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see any updates yet. You may set up the port for tide manually by select some point on the map (in the app) and specify the high tide time (see the user manual). It will be better but for me it is still off by around 1-1.5 hours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, yes i tried that and it is still out for me as well. I have emailed Casio,not sure if its been raised with them by anyone else. It is very disappointing, enough for me to want to return the watch unless it is fixed soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They told me to enter the high tide information manually and that they would create a ticket for the Move team. Unfortunately, manually entering the tide info does not resolve the problem either as you mentioned above.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi
Just received mine, the black version.
Watch arrived with firmware 03 already installed.
But Tide times are not accurate.
For example, today.
Next high tide (watch) : 11h20am
In real (Official time) : 10h43am

Casio is 37 minutes late !
A difference of 3-5 minutes with official timing is acceptable, but we are half an hour here !
Disappointed for the moment.

·
Registered
742 Posts
what are people using as the reference for these tide times?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts