WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

i just bought a Doxa SharkHunter Sub 600T watch. the watch has a black dial/bezel. the watch has the words Doxa Sub 600T and Professional. it also has the word Siprotechneque in red and a diver in red. don't know much about Doxa, is this a vintage, why doesn't it state SharkHunter on the watch ? please help me out....

Manny

·
Registered
630 Posts
It sounds like a watch from the '80s when Doxa was owned by a man named Aubrey. Post a picture it will help with identification.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture....

Poorman,

heres an attached pic of the sub, can you tell me more about this sub. are the good, are they worth the money they demand ?

thanks manny

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Guys,

i just bought a Doxa SharkHunter Sub 600T watch. the watch has a black dial/bezel. the watch has the words Doxa Sub 600T and Professional. it also has the word Siprotechneque in red and a diver in red. don't know much about Doxa, is this a vintage, why doesn't it state SharkHunter on the watch ? please help me out....

Manny

congratulaions on your acquisition, the 80s brought many exceptions to the rules. This is a genuine DOXA though

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Congratulations,
That is a vey nice watch. quite a few watch manufacturers mabe watches fior Spirotechnique. Here is a little snippet of information about LA Spirotechnique

The success of the Aqua-Lung group is attributable in large part to Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910-1997), the pioneer of modern diving and ocean discovery. Cousteau played a major role
in the expansion of La Spirotechnique, formed in 1947 to develop the patent for the first AQUA-LUNG regulator invented by Cousteau and Emile Gagnan. Cousteau was a member of the Boards of La Spirotechnique, U.S. Divers Co., Inc. and their parent company Aqua-Lung International. His vision helped Aqua-Lung International, subsidiary of Air Liquide, become the world leader in scuba diving equipment. He brought the undersea world to millions, and for 50 years contributed to discovery and advocacy for the world's oceans. Cousteau also co-invented the regulator, underwater camera and scooter now used by generations of divers.

Aqualung consist of the following brands:

Spirotechnique (FR)
Technisub (IT)
US-Divers (USA)
Sea-Quest (USA)

As you can see the La Spirotechnigue subsidiary in france was the equivelent of US Divers in the USA. They had watches made by different companies with their logo, just as the Doxas sold through US Divers shops had the US Divers logo on the watch dial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts