WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, hoping someone can help me name the brand/manufacturer of this watch. I came across the picture on a random blog, but it gave no detail, and i see no markings on the face.

Would love to know the name of it. Thanks in advance!

watch.jpg

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Ressence. And they make beauties.

That is a picture of what I believe is their latest, the Type 3. It is, in my opinion, an amazing watch. The top is liquid filled, and gives that very interesting flat view of the dial at any angle. It is mechanical, powered by a (heavily) modified 2824 I believe, and the movement is transferred to the dial via magnets. You don't see the crown for good reasonm - it doesn't have one. You set it on the back of the watch with a special clutch-like modification.

The sub-dial at 4 is a seconds counter - it catalogues them on a 6-minute scale, which is pretty interesting. All in, it gives the watch a very... stoic approach. There is a lot going on, but the look is very clean and calm.

My only niggle is about the lugs. They are fixed, and not at a great angle.

It's a very steep hill to climb at about $25k, but I don't know another watch like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing, you nailed it. Ressence Type 3 exactly. Thanks so much... Not exactly the price point i was hoping for though. We'll put this on the 'long-term goal' list :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
All these years of watch nerdery have finally paid off... I put the information to use!

If I invoiced you for the information, would you pay? If it helps, I would very likely buy a new watch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts