WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
My dad just gave me his old Omega Seamaster which he hasn't worn in years. I know very little about watches and need some help identifying it.
2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg
Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

It would be easier if you could take the back off and find the reference number on the case. The 1430 on the back referes to the quartz movement inside the watch. I would hazard a guess that it is from late 80s or early 90s. Obviously it is a dress watch. Amongst collectors quartz watches are not very desirable but that doesn't mean they are not top quality quartz watches. Getting the ref number will help you identify if it is gold or gold plated or gold filled etc. Take it to a watch shop to get the back off, they will do it without scratching the case.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Looks like a Mariner III, introduced in 1983, ref. ST 396.0985.
Looking up "seamaster mariner iii" will result in pictures of a version with a black dial, and without gold inserts. But I have seen an identical watch in the search results. So I guess that's it, but I would recommend opening the case up anyway.
Quartz Omegas? Not collectible? They are, and although it might seem strange, there are people who collect 1970s/1980s quartz, electric, and tuning fork watches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts