WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just inherited this beautiful Omega Constellation from my grandpa, would like to know which model it is and if the material is gold. The bracelet has no hallmark with a 3 digit number on the bracelet, therefore I kinda doubt the bracelet is gold. There is an inscription (Frov?) on the bracelet. Is this the original bracelet for this watch? My grandpa didn't wear it often, so I doubt he had it changed. I expect this watch to be from the late 60s, is this right? Is the watch itself gold? Thanks a lot! Greetings from Germany, Philipp

20161023_103921_resized.jpg 20161023_103930_resized.jpg 20161023_103943_resized.jpg 20161023_103951_resized.jpg 20161023_104010_resized.jpg

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
It looks genuine to me, as does the bracelet.
What is stamped in the small cartouches above the "FROV"? They look like hallmarks to me.
The bracelet is not original to the watch I think. I bought a quartz DeVille model with a very similar bracelet, sold as gold plate. It was genuine 14K solid gold.

Get a loupe or magnifying glass if you can't see the marks properly with the naked eye.

EDIT- 3 digits would signify gold to me.

375= 9carat.
585= 14carat.
750= 18carat.

Reactions: cb1111 and mkws

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I cleaned it up a bit and used a magnifying glass, it shows indeed 750. Do you have any idea how much this watch could be worth? Thanks again.

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Sorry, no valuations given here.
Try the "advanced" search on ebay. Fill in the item box with "vintage gold omega", click on "sold listings", then "search".
You can find prices for watch bracelets in gold using a similar search.

Congratulations, and good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the sold listings search on ebay in several countries, but could not find my model. Thanks, you were a great help!

Still curious if there is any chance this is the original bracelet, though :)

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Try solid gold constellation.
The bracelet has no Omega markings so no, not original.
Solid gold watches usually come on leather, as bracelets tend to wear away the gold lugs.

Reactions: cb1111

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Reactions: cb1111
1 - 11 of 11 Posts