WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was watching some upcoming movie trailers last night and noticed some interesting looking watches during a couple of them and was curious if anyone could help me identify them?

One is from the movie Greenzone with Matt Damon and looks to be some type of Special Forces Tactical watch circa 2003.

The other is from the new Leonardo DiCaprio film Inception and is some type of dress watch with a date function right under the 12 position. Very cool looking though.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I don't know why but I often find that in a well made film knowing about the watch a fictional character wears helps fill in the character bio quite a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
There are two Inception trailers floating around, the first (non Apple exclusive) definitely features an Oris BC3 Day Date (as pictured in your post).

In the second trailer (apple.com/trailers) there is a Breitling, or something with a Breitling Professional II style bracelet, pictured on the wrist of (a stunt man that I'm assuming is portraying) DiCaprio's character :)49 in). It's strange because it appears to have a crown at the 4 o'clock position, unless the watch is upside down for it's 'glamour' shot. Either way I don't know of a Breitling with a Pro II bracelet with a single crown or pusher at either of those positions. Then again it could just be the the angle making the crown appear out of place.

Here's the best screen cap I could grab.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Thats neither a Breitling, nor a Pro II bracelet.

In the second trailer (apple.com/trailers) there is a Breitling, or something with a Breitling Professional II style bracelet, pictured on the wrist of (a stunt man that I'm assuming is portraying) DiCaprio's character :)49 in). It's strange because it appears to have a crown at the 4 o'clock position, unless the watch is upside down for it's 'glamour' shot. Either way I don't know of a Breitling with a Pro II bracelet with a single crown or pusher at either of those positions. Then again it could just be the the angle making the crown appear out of place.

Here's the best screen cap I could grab.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thats neither a Breitling, nor a Pro II bracelet.
Thus the 'style' part of my comment. Any ideas what it might be?

The more I look at the picture the more I tend to agree... that bracelet almost looks like the type used on older TAG "Exclusive" models, and the hands/markers remind me a lot of those found on the new 500M Aquaracer although the bezel and bracelet don't match.. I know DiCaprio is a TAG ambassador but I'm still stumped as to what this might be

1 - 5 of 5 Posts