WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought this tissot pr 516 from a local shop. Need help from the experts to identify whether all the parts are original especially the crown as it is not a sign crown. Thanks in advance! image.jpg image.jpg

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
A movement shot would help, but it looks genuine to me.
Nice find.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
The Tissot Forum has some real experts. They may know more. But it is not at all unusual for crowns to be replaced. The gaskets in crowns are almost impossible to get out without some scratching and any scratching can cause water resistance problems. Most watchmakers do not have access to OEM Tissot crowns but rather have a generous supply of generics they use for replacement. So you get a generic if the watch has been serviced. Indeed, an original crown CAN mean the watch has never been serviced - a bad sign. So generic crowns are, to me, a good sign! :)

Other than that, the crystal needs a polish or replacement but the watch looks good. I hope you plan on having a service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the help Eeeb! Will post in the tissot forum and ask for the help of the experts! Am planning of getting it for servicing soon!

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
congrats here is mine, mine does have signed crown and your movement should be the same which is a 782 cal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts