WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently purchased this watch on eBay on a whim (i've been looking for ages and finally took the plunge).

Here are some pics, hopefully someone may be able to identify this one? Cal 1022 and movt. no. is 40911253

b2c1.jpg b2c2.jpg b2c3.jpg b2c5.jpg b2c8.jpg b2c9.jpg

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
What more do you want to know? The name is on the front and the model number is on the caseback. It's from the mid seventies and the condition looks pretty close to NOS which is rather lovely. It looks like a great buy to me. (and I was wrong, the vintage database is down!)but must have gone down shortly before you asked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just needed confirmation, really didn't want this to be a knock-off. Can't wait until its here!

Cheers!

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I'd say you got something rather nice unless you paid an awful lot for it, but I would get it serviced pretty swiftly as it will have been standing for rather a long time. It's a lovely solid watch of a decent size.

Congratulation

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say you got something rather nice unless you paid an awful lot for it, but I would get it serviced pretty swiftly as it will have been standing for rather a long time. It's a lovely solid watch of a decent size.

Congratulation
I paid a reasonable amount, but then again it may seem a lot for a watch like this?

Is it worth getting it pressure tested?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
No. ITs overkill IMO.

I wouldnt suggest diving or swimming with any watch of this original WR rating. However-if you get it fully cleaned and serviced and the gaskets changed(which should be part of the service anyway) theres no reason why you couldnt enjoy the watch w/o worrying about getting it wet, rain, hand washing and so on. It should be able to hold up to regular usage which includes exposure to some water. But I dont think I'd take it swimming unless you really like living on the edge. I'm not saying it would fail-I just think at this age and this vintage-splashing and rain are enough h2o for this extremely handsome SM.

If it was an actual divers watch I would give a different opinion however

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. ITs overkill IMO.

I wouldnt suggest diving or swimming with any watch of this original WR rating. However-if you get it fully cleaned and serviced and the gaskets changed(which should be part of the service anyway) theres no reason why you couldnt enjoy the watch w/o worrying about getting it wet, rain, hand washing and so on. It should be able to hold up to regular usage which includes exposure to some water. But I dont think I'd take it swimming unless you really like living on the edge. I'm not saying it would fail-I just think at this age and this vintage-splashing and rain are enough h2o for this extremely handsome SM.

If it was an actual divers watch I would give a different opinion however
I believe it was serviced very recently. Ok, thank you for your input, i'll have to be careful then!b-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't find watch on vintage database

Hi all,

Now the vintage database is working (the eMuseum one) i've plugged the case no. in and it returns nothing? Does my watch exist?
Its 166.0606

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Re: Can't find watch on vintage database

If you can share a picture and the calibre # we could probably help you out a bit more.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

Looks like you already did so in another thread. I'm going to merge them.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

I wouldn't get stressed, the OVD doesn't have everything: check out the ST 366.0833 to see your watch in the simpler Geneve version. I feel quite confident that yours is the real thing and simply not mentioned in the OVD. Yours is ST 366.0909 which fits in perfectly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for the merge and the encouraging words, I was quite reluctant to buy it without seeing it. It arrives tomorrow fingers crossed the postman actually can be bothered to wait for me to answer the buzzer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts