WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I need guidance on the following watch.
I couldn't figure out the brand of the watch. So if any watch enthusiast can assist me in determining its brand, model and the price, then i would be very grateful.

Looking forward to your replies.
photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 2.JPG

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,058 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. I am afraid that the brand is of little importance. The watch has a generic movement which is of ecent quality but without any finissage except what it had when it left the movement factory. As such, it is worth just as much as any other watch with that movement in that state and in a case made of that material but with a maker's name on the dial. The movement is by Landeron:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Landeron 48

If you compare the pictures, the main differences between the two are merely due to the fact that in yours the chronographs mechanism is running (or at least not zeroed) whereas the one in the link is currently off.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
The Landeron 48 was one of the most common early chronograph movements. It was used by many customers as the basis of their chronographs. This one lacks shock protection so is one of the earlier ones, probably from the 40s.

It is not uncommon for the smaller vendors to just buy generic dials and sell the watch unbranded as this one is. This could be a redial but it does not appear to be based on the pictures.

The watch and movement appear to be in relatively good shape for being 65 years old... better than me! LOL Nice find.

Welcome to WUS. I hope you are enjoying a quiet time in Kabul.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts