WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I came across this AD online but not sure if the watch is a real Omega Vintage. Need help.
THANK YOU.

Here is the info.
Omega Half-Skeleton Antique 1933 Watch Art Deco Floral Engraved

tHANK YOU.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Keep away this looks like a Ukraine special, movement is an Omega but will have been butchered, also looks like it started life as a pocket watch and converted.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well, it was an Omega - 18LPB see bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements : Omega 18SPB (that's the hunter version - but otherwise identical).

Its a pocket watch that's been butchered into a huge wristwatch that will, IMHO, look ridiculous on the wrist.

These are coming out of the Ukraine in some quantity - taking cheap pocket watches and selling them on ebay as 'apprentice pieces' or similar. They were skeletonised last week - NOT when new.

Search this forum for 'Ukraine' to see what we think of them.;-)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't understand why they wouldn't use these engraving talents on a Unitas or something similar and sell it for what it is .

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I don't understand why they wouldn't use these engraving talents on a Unitas or something similar and sell it for what it is .
Agree I have seen some great engraving just a shame they spoil a good pocket watch to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts