WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
photo-2.JPG photo-1.JPG

I'm new to Vintage Russian watches and just got this one as a gift. After doing some quick research I found out that this is what you call a "franken". The watch was sold as a soviet ussr Molnija Komandirskie smersh. I understand that this is most likely nonsense. I'm interested to find out if anyone recognizes the mechanics and if this watches truly has molnija parts.

I appreciate any info you guys might have.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian time pieces. The Movement is a 3602 subdial no shock appears to be legit. They were very popular in molnija pocket watches of that soviet era. I beleive the 85 depicts the year it was made and the others should be able to verify.
Not sure about the dials as I'm only familiar with the movement due to the pocket watches. They are a good time keeper and should bring many years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Redfever for the info, I was worried that the movement was fake. The face or dial looks like it is a newer print. Hope other can give me some more info.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The dial is a fake 'tourist' dial sadly and the watch probably started out as a fine Molnija pocket watch with 3602 movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts