WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for the connaisseurs...

I am currently looking into buying an explorer II and I have noticed a few on sale with a submariner clasp. It looked a bit odd to me.

So, in actuality, has Rolex ever sold these 16570 with a submariner clasp?
Or, all should they all originally come with a oyster bracelet/clasps?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
I currently own a 16570 Polar dial that was was purchased from the original owner which has a 93150 Submariner bracelet/clasp. The owner did no modifications to the watch and wore it sparingly since new. My research shows that this was an option back in the 90s through dealers for the Explorer II to have the “upgraded” Submariner bracelet/clasp.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently own a 16570 Polar dial that was was purchased from the original owner which has a 93150 Submariner bracelet/clasp. The owner did no modifications to the watch and wore it sparingly since new. My research shows that this was an option back in the 90s through dealers for the Explorer II to have the “upgraded” Submariner bracelet/clasp.
Thanks for input!

Prices have went up like crazy for this watch. You still like it? How long have it had it for?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I still really enjoy the watch because it has the white dial and is so much different from other sport models in the Rolex lineup. I rarely wear it but it’s still a piece that I enjoy owning.
The prices did climb quite a bit from where they were a few years ago. I don’t think you can go wrong with this versatile piece.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Agreed, I don't think you can go wrong with this one. Sporty and pretty unique compared to other Rolex sports models. It's funny that a few years ago, this was one of the more "budget" Rolexes available.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but since I am contemplating buying a 16570 soon I’ll ask because I didn’t realize they were different until I read this post:
Is the only difference between the 2 the length of the clasp and thus the number of micro adjustments?
It’s always the same not-so-good-looking faux oyster look on the clasp, correct?
I just want to know what to look for and make sure I get the correct one when looking for an Explorer II.

This is what I found:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pardon my ignorance but since I am contemplating buying a 16570 soon I’ll ask because I didn’t realize they were different until I read this post:
Is the only difference between the 2 the length of the clasp and thus the number of micro adjustments?
It’s always the same not-so-good-looking faux oyster look on the clasp, correct?
I just want to know what to look for and make sure I get the correct one when looking for an Explorer II.

This is what I found:
On my side, I can’t confirm which one exactly was on the Explorer II. But the submariner clasp is lengthier as shown and stated in french on the second picture.

The seller is giving you the option to chose the bracelet? Located in France or Qc?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed, I don't think you can go wrong with this one. Sporty and pretty unique compared to other Rolex sports models. It's funny that a few years ago, this was one of the more "budget" Rolexes available.
Prices are close to or getting close to submariner level. As with most rolexes.

Side note, I really regret selling my Explorer I 14270 :(

·
Registered
555 Posts
On my side, I can’t confirm which one exactly was on the Explorer II. But the submariner clasp is lengthier as shown and stated in french on the second picture.

The seller is giving you the option to chose the bracelet? Located in France or Qc?

Thanks for the info.
I haven’t found one yet. It’s just random pics I found on the internet.
My plan is to buy in Japan next time I visit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Prices are close to or getting close to submariner level. As with most rolexes.

Side note, I really regret selling my Explorer I 14270 :(

I would too friend, I don't have an Explorer I but I think it's a great watch, classic, and rugged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts