WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I have been sitting on this watch for quite some time. It is a Tissot Seastar Atomatic 2841. It is still in brand new condition because it has never has been worn. The watch is sitting at the repair shop right now for a COA to get it running right again. Apparently, sitting in a box for 40 years isn't good for a watch. Haha. I want to know if it is worth investing some money in to it. What would I be able to sell it for. I apologize for the crappy pics. This was a last minute idea. It is the one on the right. Has a signed Sharkskin seawater resistant band with signed Tissot buckle as well. Thank you in advance.

-Jeff

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
What is a "COA"
I heard of a 'CEO'

Thanks

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's a gorgeous watch. It just doesn't fit in my collection any more. It is so rare. With it being fixed and still in brand new condition, I figure it has to be worth $4-500....Right?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Yeah, it's a gorgeous watch. It just doesn't fit in my collection any more. It is so rare. With it being fixed and still in brand new condition, I figure it has to be worth $4-500....Right?
Really $400 to $500.
I am surprised
A

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that's just a guess on my part. I really don't have a lot info on what these watches sell for, because I can't find one with this dial and in brand new condition.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
What would a average condition one sell for.
Termed on eBay as "minty"??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found one on eBay right not that is beat up pretty bad and bid is starting at $100. We will see how it goes.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I have seen NOS Tissot watches from the 70's go for under $100. It is a brand on the up though so I would hang on to it as it might fetch Omega money in the future.
Sound about correct to me
$400 to $500 would astound me

A

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That is a nice Sea Star. Problem is you need to find one who is after such a watch and is prepared to pay a premium for its condition. The watch not running does not help, really.

If I were you I'd have it serviced and wear it myself, carefully. You can take off the shark strap and replace it with a new, unsigned leather strap in order to save the shark for a future sale. But keep in mind that without original box and paperwork there's little proof for a prospective buyer that the watch is really NOS.

Look up stainless steel Sea Stars in good condition on ebay and check the actual sales prices - this is what your watch may fetch - not more.

Regards,
Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Tissot are undervalued and I think the high price mentioned would be unattainable. Omega and Tissot share this 2481 caliber and yet the Omega would fetch a much higher price; even so, I don't think an Omega 2481 would find $400-500 easily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts