WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just want your opinion on this.I have just recently became a proud owner of a mudman g-9300-1 my first g-shock and I have already became a fan of it.
Next in my wishlist is buying a ABC watch .In my watch list is there is two watch protrek PRW-3000-1ADR and rangeman gw-9400.
I want to use the watch in both outdoor and Friday office watch (semi formal).

Please suggest guys

Ca not resist to post pis of my new mudman here.

Attachments

Reactions: kmbijit

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just want your opinion on this.I have just recently became a proud owner of a mudman g-9300-1 my first g-shock and I have already became a fan of it.
Next in my wishlist is buying a ABC watch .In my watch list is there is two watch protrek PRW-3000-1ADR and rangeman gw-9400.
I want to use the watch in both outdoor and Friday office watch (semi formal).

Please suggest guys

Ca not resist to post pis of my new mudman here.

Hey Sandip...great mudder u got there...
If you are looking for an ABC watch which can be used as a formal watch as well. the Protrek would be more suitable. The Ranger - or for that matter, any G Shock barring the 5600 series, won't fit under a shirt cuff.

Moreover,if you are looking at the PRW3000, I'd suggest you put don a thousand Rupees more and get the 3500. Else, you can look at importing a PRG300, which is basically the same as a 3000, but no atomic sync and costs lesser. Atomic Sync is useless for us as the feature doesn't work in India.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion !! Can you suggest any international sites from where I can order G-shock's which will ship to India?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There are quite a few. Rakuten is one of the most trusted sellers around, and I have experience with them as well. Right now I can see the PRG300 listed on Rakuten at around INR12000 excluding shipping. Rakuten usually charges $9 (around INR 600) for international express shipping (EMS).

You also have CreationWatches and Skywatches from Singapore. The international Amazon site is also a good place to buy but keep in mind that very few sellers ship to India, and you would be hard pressed to find a seller who offers a reasonable shipping charge. That being said, I have definitely come across sellers offering very reasonable shipping charges on Amazon, you need to look around a bit. However the vast majority of my purchases have been from ebay and I haven't faced much issues buying from eBay either. All links given below.

Rakuten: Rakuten: Global Market - Shopping Japanese products from Japan
Skywatches: Casio Protrek watches Singapore
CreationWatches: http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-watches-155/

Another point to keep in mind that anything reaching India via EMS has a very high probability of getting caught in customs and trust me, you wouldn't like the experience. Hassles aside, you would need to shell out a 40% customs duty. There are some workarounds available but the seller need to cooperate in that regard.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The Mudman is a very good watch, i just wish it had the light button in the middle. anyway if you are looking for ABC then the Rangeman in any color is a must.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts