WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps..

I purchased a beater GW6900 thats currently inbound and it's in need of a new & case band. I was going to pick up a cheap OEM set on eBay but after some thinking I wanted to try and find a blue/yellow case/band similar to the GWF-D1000NV-2 and DW5600B-2V.

So my question is did Casio make the GW6900 in a similar color scheme to those watches? If they didn't is anyone aware of a quality aftermarket solution?

Here are some pics of the above mentioned references.

GWF-D1000NV-2 (both are random pics from Google. Credit to the owners)

DW5600B-2V (both of these pics are taken from lucalbert's fantastic IG feed)

Thanks in advance everyone and hopefully I can find what I'm looking for.

Best,

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Hello peeps..

I purchased a beater GW6900 thats currently inbound and it's in need of a new & case band. I was going to pick up a cheap OEM set on eBay but after some thinking I wanted to try and find a blue/yellow case/band similar to the GWF-D1000NV-2 and DW5600B-2V.

So my question is did Casio make the GW6900 in a similar color scheme to those watches? If they didn't is anyone aware of a quality aftermarket solution?

GWF-D1000NV-2 (both are random pics from Google. Credit to the owners)

DW5600B-2V (both of these pics are taken from lucalbert's fantastic IG feed)

Thanks in advance everyone and hopefully I can find what I'm looking for.

Best,

Dan
I think the GW-6900 were only produced in a few basic colours, black, yellow, white?

Also the only bezels that fit, (I believe), are actually from a GW. So a G-6900 bezel and DW-6900 bezel won't fit AFAIK?

You could be stuck in as far as genuine bezels. I have no clue if anyone makes any aftermarket versions.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello peeps..

I'm assuming when you say "case", you just mean "bezel", right @dboulders ? Definitely not trying to be pedantic, but around here "case" usually means the chunk of hard resin with a metal back plate and mineral crystal front the module sits in, so I just want to double check I understand your query...

Unfortunately, there was never a "navy colors" release for the GW-6900, and as @sodamonkey mentioned you can't just use any old 6900 bezel. I have successfully switched bezels between the G-6900 (solar, but no multiband) and both first and second generation GB-6900 (old bluetooth models) with GW-6900s and found them all to be perfect fits. Additionally, the GW-6900 will accept virtually all "standard" G-Shock straps for 16 mm lugs.

If you're OK with a different look from your examples you could maybe combine a yellow bezel and navy band for a similar, though louder, effect? I think it would look great! Alternately, there are lots of "third party" (some here derisively turn up their noses and call them "fake") band and bezel options online in pretty much every color of the rainbow, as well as translucent, glow in the dark, etc. Just be sure that whatever bezel you go for it specifically says it will fit your GW-6900, a G-6900, or a GB-6900.

Reactions: dboulders

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the GW-6900 were only produced in a few basic colours, black, yellow, white?

Also the only bezels that fit, (I believe), are actually from a GW. So a G-6900 bezel and DW-6900 bezel won't fit AFAIK?

You could be stuck in as far as genuine bezels. I have no clue if anyone makes any aftermarket versions.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
A buddy sent me a link showing the DW6900 case won't fit. I don't remember seeing any mention of the G06900. If one doesn't exist I'd be happy just picking up another black bezel for it.

I'm assuming when you say "case", you just mean "bezel", right @dboulders ? Definitely not trying to be pedantic, but around here "case" usually means the chunk of hard resin with a metal back plate and mineral crystal front the module sits in, so I just want to double check I understand your query...

Unfortunately, there was never a "navy colors" release for the GW-6900, and as @sodamonkey mentioned you can't just use any old 6900 bezel. I have successfully switched bezels between the G-6900 (solar, but no multiband) and both first and second generation GB-6900 (old bluetooth models) with GW-6900s and found them all to be perfect fits. Additionally, the GW-6900 will accept virtually all "standard" G-Shock straps for 16 mm lugs.

If you're OK with a different look from your examples you could maybe combine a yellow bezel and navy band for a similar, though louder, effect? I think it would look great! Alternately, there are lots of "third party" (some here derisively turn up their noses and call them "fake") band and bezel options online in pretty much every color of the rainbow, as well as translucent, glow in the dark, etc. Just be sure that whatever bezel you go for it specifically says it will fit your GW-6900, a G-6900, or a GB-6900.
Thanks for the info regarding case. I definitely meant bezel and will make sure to not make that mistake in the future. I'll do some research on the aftermarket side. I typically like to stay OEM but would consider going AM if thats the only option. I'll keep ya guys posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts