WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need help with a strap question!

516 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mrl0004 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a new chrono and I want to change the black leather buckle strap to a brown croc leather deployment strap. How do I go about doing this? Can you buy the leather straps already connected to a deployment clasp? Any good recommendations?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Best to buy strap and deployant (that you can then use on other straps) separately. Forum sponsor fredawatchstraps sells variety of straps and deployants (see banner add at top of page). You'll need to decide if you want single fold or butterfly deployant. You can do a search for multiple posts of peoples' preference. Either way, best IMO to get one with button release (rather than friction) for added security. Videos on youtube and threads here with step by step on how to swap. I use the little screwdriver in my eyeglass kit, so don't feel any special tool is necessary.

#3 ·
We fit alot of deployments to the straps of our customers when requested but in all honestly, it is very easy to do, spring bar fit in most instances, few require a screwdriver.

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
#6 ·
Anyone? Check one, check one two. Is this mike on?

#7 ·
Probably ok for the price, but no idea if the clasp would be of very good quality. Buying straps on eBay is a hit or miss. Most of that stuff tends to be on the lower end side in my experience.

Did you look at the sticky at the top of this forum to review the list of on line strap vendors for more idea?

#8 ·
Did you look at the sticky at the top of this forum to review the list of on line strap vendors for more idea?
Yes and no. It was very long, and I have to make a purchase quick. Just don't want to pay $50 for a clasp alone, unless there aren't decent ones for a little less. I would only like to pay $50 total for strap + clasp.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.