WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tissot pic.jpg
Dear watch friends: hope you and your families are all safe and healthy. I picked up this incredibly nice/ great condition PR516GL with a 784-2 movement from a reputable eBay seller in The Netherlands. Paid $375-- very hard to find one in this almost pristine condition. Problem is that it is running about 10 minutes slow. I am guessing it needs service. The movement is clean as can be seen from the outside but I realize there could be some crud deep down. I don't know if I should use the regulator. Seller tells me he wore it for 2 weeks and kept time fine and used a timegrapher and all the readings were normal. I kind of believe him so I am wondering what happened...I would not like to return it because it is beautiful.

I would very much appreciate your guidance on a reputable, responsible and affordable watchmaker who might give me a rough estimate with no commitment on how much service could run me. I really don't want to pay an extra $300. I can live with $150-$200. I know you might say that comes with the vintage watch territory and I get it. But I don't want to rely on outfits like WatchRepair USA-- wait 2-3 days to get there, then wait for them, get an outrageous quote, then wait 3-5 days to get it back etc. etc. I figure as fellow Tissot fans you might have better and more reliable insights and info on who can help me. Would me most appreciated. Thanks and stay safe!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
For $375 it should already be serviced and running perfectly, it's a nice example but not impossible to find a replacement in a similar condition so I would return it pronto, or agree a serious discount with the vendor to pay towards a service with a local watchmaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts