WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

i would really appreciate if someone could tell me whats the approximate price for this model "Basis Jumbo Diver - Cal EB 8800"?
I get these after my grandfather and they seems to be in very decent condition, no scratches or flaws.
I searched for this specific model on ebay, but there were only very used ones, so i cant really compare the prices with mine.
These are not gonna be probably for that much, but i am just very curious since they were made in Swiss and remained in really decent condition.
Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
It's an entry-level diver-style watch so not very collectible, but someone will want it because of the exceptional condition. As you probably know from reading the forum rules, discussion of value is discouraged.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I don't understand why the manufacturer of this watch put in a tachymeter ring on a standard dive watch. On a chronograph, yes; but on a traditional dive watch?

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Well, it's not really a dive watch either, with a plated case and a 5 atm depth rating. It's intended to be a sporty attractive watch at a good price point.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't understand why the manufacturer of this watch put in a tachymeter ring on a standard dive watch. On a chronograph, yes; but on a traditional dive watch?
Maybe you could hack the watch and measure the speed of a passing submarine while diving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts