WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just purchased a new watch, it was cheap. It has a mesh watch band. I adjusted it so it could fit my wrist and there's a big excess of mesh strap that's left. I was wondering if its possible to get rid of this. I was also wondering if its possible to make it tighter. If its not possible to do either then i'll return it. Didn't know mesh straps were like this. 20170823_145920.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Generally no way to adjust the length of that type.

You have it buckled wrong in that photo. Just in case you didn't know, the loose end of the strap goes inside the other side of the strap.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
It is possible to shorten but it takes time to remove the end cover cut and replace and pinch end cover back in place, these things are done by machines but can with patience be done by human hands too. it might be easier to just buy another mesh with adjustable links to fit you, or a strap instead.
Problem with tight fitting especially on this type is there will almost certainly be some slippage on that type of clasp, I have found wearing them on the slightly looser side prevents this from happening as the looser fitment takes the tension out of the clasp.

Just an observation the long section should go on the inside of the short section that is attached to the clasp too.

Affute-Simple-Casual-Analog-Quartz-Men-Watches-Date-Silver-Mesh-Bracelet-Waterproof-Male-Dress-W.jpg

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Dude! I hope you're not trolling, but you have to insert the long end of strap into the opposite side of the sleeve. It should then slide in underneath the outer portion and stay adjustable out of sight. Best of luck.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Dude! I hope you're not trolling, but you have to insert the long end of strap into the opposite side of the sleeve. It should then slide in underneath the outer portion and stay adjustable out of sight. Best of luck.
+1 EXACTLY.

Reactions: beanerds
1 - 9 of 9 Posts