WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this rubber 24/22mm Panerai rubber band. Can anyone tell me if it looks real or fake. There is no stamp on it other than a "c" on the backside. I have another panerai rubber band and it feels just like it. but concern that it has no stamp on it on the back side. Did Panerai stamp all of their bands? Or is this an older one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
It's very hard to tell from the pics. I've usually noticed that the depth of the Officine Panerai text is not as deep on the fakes. If you have a real one to compare too, consider that.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but did panerai at one time not stamp the inside portion of the strap. they seem to do it to all the newer style so thats why i ask. thanks

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i assumed so but trying to find out if at one point they did not stamp the inside. the strap feels authentic and the depth of the lettering is also consistent with my other strap.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Are you concerned you got ripped off or something? Like you paid too much for it? If it feels right, and it matches up fit wise to your other Panerai strap I can't see how it matters one way or the other. It isn't the strap you try to flip for thousands of dollars in my experience. That said, I don't have much experience with the underside of a Panerai rubber but nothing jumps out as obviously fake from the pics. It "looks" like other Panerai straps I have seen.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahahahaha....paul i thought u were to busy for watches...nice to see you back on! get your head in the game!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I seem to recall the deployment buckle side used to have notches where the keeper sat and from memory wasn't the O slightly different? meaning thicker tapering in a tad as it got to the actual edges? also the grooves were smoother still mottled but the injection molding? I never wore a rubber strap on any Panerai as the never really fit correctly so I'm just taking a wee trip down Panerai memory lane, trying to think back, sorry not much help.

Yours is well worn too so the texture is gone somewhat.

If I had to take a stab at it I would say fake, but then it's a rubber strap so wouldn't swear on it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I just checked the rubber strap that came with my Panerai and it seems to have more markings on the back and those notches for the keeper as Shane1000 has mentioned. But, mine is a R serial, which means it was produced in 2015.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts