WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello watchuseek,
Yesterday I found 3 vintage watches in my grandfather's house and captured them in some photos. Sorry for the bad quality of the last two but there was hard for me to make good photos with a Sony Ericsson :) So here they are
Geneva sport prima 21 jewels
http://img41.imageshack.us/i/dsc01015bb.jpg/

Poljot 17 jewels

Lings super de luxe 21 jewels

I am not sure if there were written "Lings" - this watch is in very bad condition

So my question is about the authentity of these watches (especially the first one :), because I really want to renovate it but I don't want to give my money for renovating something that is not original). If somebody knows something for the mechanisms feel free to write.

Regards,
Makiaveli

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Hello watchuseek,
Yesterday I found 3 vintage watches in my grandfather's house and captured them in some photos. Sorry for the bad quality of the last two but there was hard for me to make good photos with a Sony Ericsson :) So here they are
Geneva sport prima 21 jewels
` ` `

Poljot 17 jewels
` `

Lings super de luxe 21 jewels
` `
I am not sure if there were written "Lings" - this watch is in very bad condition

So my question is about the authentity of these watches (especially the first one :), because I really want to renovate it but I don't want to give my money for renovating something that is not original). If somebody knows something for the mechanisms feel free to write.

Regards,
Makiaveli
It is rare for these vintage watches to be faked... but over the course of years sometimes the character is modified by various 'repair' efforts. Without seeing the movement, one can not be sure but these watches all look to be authentic.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They're not fakes at all."Geneva" looks like 1950's watch,"Lings" 1950's or '60's,and "Poljot" 1970's.I've had "Lings" chronograph from 1970's,but gave it away.If you want to save those watches,I belive that you will pay for that more then they worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts