WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am purchasing a Tissot Visodate Seastar automatic(pic Below). I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little history on these watches. I know a little about Tissot in general, I own a few new ones. I have never owned a vintage one before. Any info or opinions would help.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Nice looking Visodate which I would guess is from the late 1950s. Tissot made lots of them over the years.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,168 Posts
All I can say is that Brunner/Pfeiffer-Belli have a Tissot "Visodate Camping" in their book which is marked as being from the fifties and having a Cal. 27B-621. It is marked as being from 1955 and is similar but not identical - the logo is not the fat "T" like on yours.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
986 Posts
Nice Tissot

As stated before the watch is a late 1950- mid 1960's watch. Visodate is Tissot speak for a watch with a date. The Seastar is still made today in the guise of a large and somewhat bulky (to me at least) diver's watch. That watch you have there would be about 34mm-38mm which was the size of the day for that time period.

I have one like that one which is a non-automatic (hand winder) and I like it alot as it is super accurate despite being over 40 years and perhaps never having a service. Mine also has the wrong crown, but the watch works and and that is all that matters to me because it was sort of free, I got it in a large bag of watches for $20 plus shipping and the watch i wanted was a Casio G-Shock that i later sold for $100

Good luck with your watch

Leon

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you can get the watch opened the serial of the movement should help you to date the watch.
Without futher info, I would date it in the first half of the 60's.

Cheers,

Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts