WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am planning to buy an orange dial diver in near future and a black dial perpetual watch sometime later (from amazon usa)

For the orange dial I have shortlisted following two :
1) Seiko Orange Monster
2) Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241174 Dive Master 500
No questions about the 1st one ( much popular in the forum).
But have no information regarding its reliability of the 2nd. Any inputs on that especially since there might not be service centre from swiss army in India.

For black dial perpetual I have shortlisted these two :
1) TX Unisex T3C303 400 Series Perpetual Weekly Calendar Watch
2) Seiko Men's SNQ117 Premier

Regarding 1st again I have questions about its reliability, any inputs ?
About the 2nd, there is some confusion whether its a black dial at all. Amazon states it to have black dial with brown rim but on many other sites it appears to have brown dial.
Anybody owns that to confirm its dial color ?

Thanks,
Samay
India

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You truly cannot go wrong with the Orange Monster. Well made and a lot of watch for the price. I love wearing mine...it's a fun watch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

Any feedback on reliability of divemaster 500 quartz and TX watches ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi all,

Any feedback on reliability of divemaster 500 quartz and TX watches ?

Thanks.
I don't think you would have a problem with reliability, well made bracelet and case, Swiss ETA quartz it's a nice watch. Check out amazon, I recently saw an orange dial quartz for 195, quite a lot of watch for the $. In my opinion it blows the Orange Monster away, case, bracelet, sapphire crystal everything but an auto movement but who cares for that price. I like the om also, I have one, but if somebody wanted to trade me right now for the DM 500 quArtz I would do it in a second.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
missed that opportunity, its $225 now ( OM is $193 now) .
Also is TX series discontinued now ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any feedback about TX watches reliability ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I finally ordered Divemaster 500 orange dial from amazon today, which I got at a nice reduced price of $183. Price of TX T3C303 was also quite less at that time ($212) but didn't want to spend so much at one go so had to let that go :( Both are back to to their day earlier prices now .

Thanks everybody for your inputs.

·
Premium Member
13,785 Posts
Orange Dials - The Seiko Orange Monster is THEEE classic to have
Black / Perpetual - The Seiko Premier is awesome

So i guess its Seiko 2 - 0.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The TX T3C303 price on Amazon is fluctuating quite wildly ($250 to $390). Very strange.
And many people have mentioned that TX stock was sold at $150 at timex stores. Quite high pricing on amazon

·
Registered
829 Posts
Have you considered the orange Sumo? It's a bit more subdued than the Monster and if I hand only one it would be the Sumo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My search for orange dial is over since I already ordered the divemaster 500. Now the search if on for good black dial perpetual. ( tx is on top of the options ).
Citizen BL series is good, but a bit busy for my taste (Citizen BL8050-56E is in my options list though). Not much options for perpetual with day of the week.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Have you considered the orange Sumo? It's a bit more subdued than the Monster and if I hand only one it would be the Sumo.
True, and it's a much better watch, with a superior movement, and no doubt better fit and finish. However, it's also about twice the price, used. I sold mine for over $400.

Dressy and orange don't really mix, but if he does want something dressier than the Monster or the Victorinox, then the orange Orient Mako or Ray (if they make an orange one) is the way to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Need inputs from forum members (for TX watches)

One question regarding TX 400 series white dial watches.
Are they pure white in color or more silver ? Asking since they are available quite cheap on amazon (and I have no way of seeing them in reality somewhere)

Thanks...

·
Registered
20,990 Posts

I don't know much about the TX 400 other than the fact that it's made by Timex. I'm sure it's a good watch, but I'd wager that the Victorinox and Monster are better.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

First of all, great choice on the DiveMaster, I have both Monster and DM and they are quite different, but from a build quality and overall impression, I'd pick the DM over the Monster.

As for TX, their watches arent quite Swiss Army quality, but the movements are very innovative and unique and look great in person. The dial detail and quality is good, the bracelet and straps are kinda average quality. Overall though for the price,they are quite decent. However, if you can find a Citizen eco drive perpetual calendar for the same price, I'd go for the Citizen over the TX. Better build, better lume usually, eco drive. The TX might be more unique though, depends on which qualities you prefer. Oh and white TX is white and not silverish if I remember correctly

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Thanks jilgiljongiljing,

I found the dial to be very unique on the TX watches and really like the 400 series dial. So the plan is to buy a TX 400 if its below $200, beyond that a Citizen might make better sense ( for all the reasons u stated). Though perpetual Citizens, especially with day of the week, have quite busy dials for my taste.
Some white dialed TX 400, with leather strap are going quite cheap on amazon as of now. Was thinking of going for it ( if the dial is really white and not silver) instead of the black dial with bracelet (my first preference) which has gone up above $300! Or will have to wait for the black dial price to fall :) ( the lowest I have seen for it on amazon is $212)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Finally pulled the trigger on white dial TX Unisex T3C505 perpetual from amazon since the price was quite low ($147) . Though my original intention was the black dial T3C303, it more than twice the price!
To fulfill the black dial requirement for my collection I have already shortlisted the Citizen BM6400-00E :)
Need to search for a matching metal SS bracelet for T3C505.

Thank you all for your inputs !!!

·
Registered
20,990 Posts

Post pics when it arrives!

·
Registered
14,087 Posts

I'd much rather have the dive master over the Monster. I've never cared much for the monster styling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts