WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need new g-shock - choosed *Final*

as my old dw-6900 is dead now (view another my thread) i need new G. trying to choose, but i am very doubtful in everything and the same is here. for me its a watch for at least 10years so i am careful. anyway i was able to shrink choose into 4 models. trying to write pros & cons for me.
what do you think? or are there some models in future release i should wait for?
thank you for your opinion

gulfman

+
.i like it, nice hi-tech look but looks like classic g-shock.
.nice bright display,
.not so big, lightweight
.titanium back and screws
.not solar, but i assume it will be running long time (5-7 years with no problem), battery change cheap and easy
.good price
-
.time is little bit small (and other unneeded things are pointless big).
.non solar
.non atomic

atomic gulfman

+
.the same as non atomic
.even nicer with color combination
.solar
.atomic (multiband 5) (i like to be sure i have correct time just for feel, it could be the most precise clock in a family...)
-
.price (above my psychological limit) - the cheapest begin from 140$ + shipping + duty&tax so final price culd be somewhere at 210$=140eur total so its much more than twice as non atomic
.not sure about metal effect on a bezel - its plastic in metal color? it could look cheap and toyish. i havent seen it in real - they dont have it anywhere

GW-002

+
.nice interesting design (i was hooked with g7400-8dav and its the same as g7400)
.big time display
.solar
.atomic
.price (solar+atomic for as low as £46=90$=60eur total)
-
.only one color scheme for EU transmitters model - and this model is not the best - some stealthing could be nice...
.not 100% sure about design - no chance to look on it in real - nowhere here in stock - will i like it 10years?

GW-9200 Riseman

+
.new master of G
.solar
.atomic
.altimeter
.thermometer
.barimeter
.cool design
-
.price (260$+shipping+duty&tax makes it about 360$=240eur total) -extra very high for me
.reading from sensor affected by body temp (what i understood), so features cool but only informative
.smaller time display

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, there's a few to choose from there! :-d I think what you need to do before you go any further is to prioritise the functions that you need..... Is having a tide feature important to you? Do you like the accuracy of an atomic? Barometer? Altitude meter? All these watches have very different functions and only you can decide which are important to you.

Bang for buck, the non-atomic Gulfman is a nice watch though, if you like the tide feature. :-!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
As it's new I'd have to say the Riseman but for all around functionality, value, and fantastic atomic timekeeping ( not to mention looks! ) it would have to be the Atomic Gulfman.

Nothing like an Atomic ion the collection to set your other watches by!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
.price (above my psychological limit) - the cheapest begin from 140$ + shipping + duty&tax so final price culd be somewhere at 210$=140eur total so its much more than twice as non atomic
GW-9100! I paid over my psychological limit for mine, and not regretted it one bit. :-!

.not sure about metal effect on a bezel - its plastic in metal color? it could look cheap and toyish. i havent seen it in real - they dont have it anywhere
The 'metal' ring is metal on the GW-9100, and plastic on the G-9100.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Of all those you picked, I'd go for either the GW-9100 or the GW-9200. But of course, you have to wait a little longer for the GW-9200 to get released first.

Why stop at just one? :-d Come to the dark side and get more then you intended like many of us here. "Oh, I'm doing research for 1 G-Shock to replace my current one." And then end up with much more then just the ONE.... :-!

·
Registered
646 Posts
GW-9100 or the new Riseman as they have atomic and solar which means no battery changes and you don't have to adjust your watch each month. Just sat down and spend half an hour re setting my collection. I think I'll have to have a go a regulating them so that they are more accurate :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
wat, no mud this time????

well, if i have to choose, ill probably take the gw9200 or just the g9200. i luv it when they have atomic solar. but this time it is atomic 6. and a great addition of the ABC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My choice would be the new riseman then the atomic gulfman.

I know both of them are above your psychological limit (I guess that means that you can afford it just not too sure;-))

If you factor that you are going to have it for 10 years+ and divide the difference in price over that period then the difference is minuscule.

Go with the watch that really jumps out at you and sod the price, I very much doubt you'll regret spending a bit more.

Let us know what you go for.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Well, MY preference is the GW-9100, Atomic Gulfman. I just prefer its looks and functions.

Now, based on all of this helpful/confusing info, you need to pick the one YOU prefer.

Then buy the other three in the next few months..:rodekaarto|:rodekaarto|:rodekaarto|

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I think I'd go Atomic Gulfman as well. As the previous poster suggested, I'd end up buying the others down the line anyway!

·
Registered
471 Posts
GW9200 definitely

too bad atomic didnt work here. i already prepared my fund for non-atomic G9200 :D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
If you are likely to use or want the moon/tidal info then definitely the G9100, but if you don't I'd suggest the GW9100 which I have seen for as low as $125.

In this case, I wouldn't buy based mainly on price, or you might end up wishing you got a different model. If you like the look of the new Riseman...just save up a bit longer and get that; I'm sure it'll be great too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: need new g-shock - choosed *Final*

ladies and gentlmen, the winner is...

GW-002E-1VER

i am little bit sorry for throwing off 9200. i love it, but its really too expensive.
price disabled chances of atomic gulfman too.
i have also other interests and hobbies. times are not the best today also so price is an important factor.
i need just to look at time. i also dont wear watch every day, or whole day so having something expensive on my wrist is a little bit waistful.
so gulfman and 002 stayed in game. i like both. i looked at gulfman on every chance and it is nice, but its "vivid" and it can be tiresome (?) during long years.
and for circa the same price i will get atomic solar nice and comfortable gw-002. i am trying to "be smart" in such cases.
i will try to look at some auctions and will let you know how it finished.
thank you

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Can I be the first to say "NONE OF THE ABOVE" and suggest the G-for-all-seasons, the GW-M5600?

If pushed to choose from the others, I'd say wait to see the new Riseman in the wild; then it's a straight fight between that and the Atomic Gulfman, depending on how likely you are to call upon the A/B functionality.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Re: need new g-shock - choosed *Final*

ladies and gentlmen, the winner is...

GW-002E-1VER

i am little bit sorry for throwing off 9200. i love it, but its really too expensive.
price disabled chances of atomic gulfman too.
i have also other interests and hobbies. times are not the best today also so price is an important factor.
I can't fault you on that choice. It's amazing value at the prices I've seen it go for. I have one myself, and until recently it was my only atomic/solar. It's very comfortable to wear too. Enjoy it. :-!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
new baby is at home!!
so now i am happy proud gw-002e-1ver owner
great deal for 39.99 + 9 pounds (ebay)
small review + live shots soon in a review section...

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Congratulations. :-! I think it will serve you well. I've had mine the best part of a year now and had no problems, and everytime I put it on I'm amazed how comfortable it is.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Can I be the first to say "NONE OF THE ABOVE" and suggest the G-for-all-seasons, the GW-M5600?

If pushed to choose from the others, I'd say wait to see the new Riseman in the wild; then it's a straight fight between that and the Atomic Gulfman, depending on how likely you are to call upon the A/B functionality.
This is an incredible watch...i don't like the fact that it is solar powered though..batteries must be very hard to find in electronic shops...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts