WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried one on at my AD. Wears very comfortably and looks different from the rest of pieces I have in my collection. Worth pulling the trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: platinumEX and faiz

·
Registered
Submariner
833 Posts
Wow, I've never seen that before - is it a newer model? I love the yellow accents. Now I've got another watch added to my long-term list...

·
Premium Member
40,912 Posts
Unveiled at Basel this year I think. Personally, I like it. Love the angled lugs/case. A lot of folks won't like the power reserve, but if you like it then why not?

Reactions: 3005

·
Premium Member
19,826 Posts
That is one fine looking watch. If it adds something new and different to your collection, go for it!

·
Premium Member
19,826 Posts
Just tried one on at my AD. Wears very comfortably and looks different from the rest of pieces I have in my collection. Worth pulling the trigger?
Did the AD have the version with the strap? Have seen some pics and it looks really good in its own right. It might be one of the watches where you buy the bracelet model and add the strap at the same time...

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Something just doesn't look right to me in this model. May be its the power reserve or the hands. I don't like the font of numerals either. Maybe it looks much better in real life. It definitely looks better with leather. It does seem to be a good size for your wrist so I guess if you like it then go for it but personally I would have passed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the IWC Ingenieur better.
That's exactly where I struggle with. It reminds me of the IWC Ingy, but frankly it has enough of its own personality to be differentiated. The case quality is exceptional too - that black ceramic rim around the bezel adds great contrast. That being said - it does feel a bit derivative of the IWC...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the AD have the version with the strap? Have seen some pics and it looks really good in its own right. It might be one of the watches where you buy the bracelet model and add the strap at the same time...
No they only have the bracelet. Strap looks great though...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Something just doesn't look right to me in this model. May be its the power reserve or the hands. I don't like the font of numerals either. Maybe it looks much better in real life. It definitely looks better with leather. It does seem to be a good size for your wrist so I guess if you like it then go for it but personally I would have passed.

One more pic...

Reactions: Soh1982

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Looks really good on your wrist!
I do like it, it's a great size.
I'm just not sure at that price. You could get a second hand explorer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks really good on your wrist!
I do like it, it's a great size.
I'm just not sure at that price. You could get a second hand explorer.

Hmm. I actually thought the price was very compelling considering you get in-house movement, quality bracelet, power reserve + date complication etc. From a "value" perspective this is good...

I own the Sub and Exp 2 and construction quality on the North Flag gets v. close to those...

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I was taking a fast look through the cases at an AD a couple of weeks ago, and as I was buzzing by the Tudor display this one (on strap) jumped out at me and I immediately went back for a look for a couple of minutes. Any time a watch does that, it's a good sign.

Having said that, if it had just been on the bracelet I would have walked right past it and thought "Meh". They had the fabric strap version with complementary yellow stitching on display as well, though, and I thought "Wow! Holy Hotness!". It really stood out from the crowd as a modern sports watch rather than a Rolex wannabe.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
One more pic...

I can definitely see the appeal and it's not a bad watch by any means specially if you look at what you get for the money. My problem is that any time I see a black face watch with a bracelet, I compare it to the aesthetics of either Rolex explorer I, IWC ingenieur or VC overseas depending upon the price point. And aesthetically I find explorer I better at this price point but you definitely get a lot of watch for the money with Tudor. So if functionality is what you are after then this is a great option but for me the look doesn't cut it when compared to explorer I but then again some times these watches are a completely different beast when you see them live. This picture does give me a better idea of how it looks and I also saw the pics in the article on hodinkee which definitely look pretty good specially on leather. I can tell that you like this watch so I would say go for it. I do think it's a very solid option if you like the look and I can't really think of a watch which can give you this much value at this price point.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Truth be told - you want that watch. Bad. You don't want us to tell you anything but "Hell yes! Get it, NOW." Maybe you're waiting for the weekend so you can pick it up, put it on, and just vegetate for 2 days staring at your wrist.

Maybe you just have a touch of guilt someplace in the back of your mind thinking you should pay for your Mom's operation or get some food for the kids this month.

But you are gonna get it - and you just want to use us a a bunch of enablers. We're like an excuse - "Gee, sorry I couldn't get you the pacemaker Mom - they made me buy a watch instead." Or "Tell your teacher that we send most of our food to Africa, don't let her know that the WUS guys forced me to buy a Tudor."

Yeah, you got the joneses bad. I can see that monkey on your back all over your posts. Betcha you're at the stage where you're starting to think about it all the time - probably can't even pee without looking at your wrist and thinking how that NF would look. Every time you take it off at the AD's is like ripping a lung out, isn't it?

OK, OK - get today. Scratch that itch. Satisfy that craving. Quench that thirst. Cave in to that yearning. After all - we're strong-arming you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Truth be told - you want that watch. Bad. You don't want us to tell you anything but "Hell yes! Get it, NOW." Maybe you're waiting for the weekend so you can pick it up, put it on, and just vegetate for 2 days staring at your wrist.

Maybe you just have a touch of guilt someplace in the back of your mind thinking you should pay for your Mom's operation or get some food for the kids this month.

But you are gonna get it - and you just want to use us a a bunch of enablers. We're like an excuse - "Gee, sorry I couldn't get you the pacemaker Mom - they made me buy a watch instead." Or "Tell your teacher that we send most of our food to Africa, don't let her know that the WUS guys forced me to buy a Tudor."

Yeah, you got the joneses bad. I can see that monkey on your back all over your posts. Betcha you're at the stage where you're starting to think about it all the time - probably can't even pee without looking at your wrist and thinking how that NF would look. Every time you take it off at the AD's is like ripping a lung out, isn't it?

OK, OK - get today. Scratch that itch. Satisfy that craving. Quench that thirst. Cave in to that yearning. After all - we're strong-arming you.
Haha that has to be one of the funniest posts I've read. Kudos.

Wasn't my intention to justify an impulse purchase! I simply walked into the AD, liked it, and wanted to see how the WUS world at large felt about the look. Pulling the trigger doesn't necessarily mean buying it today...not going to lose sleep over it either way :)

If I do get today I will make sure to post pics :)

Reactions: Donf and Soh1982

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Oh it's really nice right?
go for it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts