WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Stumbled on an ebay listing. I have never owned a GS before, so just want to make sure that this is legitimate.
Really want to make sure the listing is ok before I make the dive! Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a private seller and not business.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Gorgeous watch, just be sure you know all about Spring Drive movements and how they work, etc.

Also figure the very high (maybe most extreme of any watch?) cost of maintenance when that time comes down the road. Know how old that particular watch is, how close it is to needing to be sent back to Seiko for a tune-up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gorgeous watch, just be sure you know all about Spring Drive movements and how they work, etc.

Also figure the very high (maybe most extreme of any watch?) cost of maintenance when that time comes down the road. Know how old that particular watch is, how close it is to needing to be sent back to Seiko for a tune-up.
Thank you. The second hand is so hypnotising @[email protected]
What's the usual service cost for GS? I know that around my area (Singapore), Omega and Rolex services can be 400-700 USD

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I meant does the seller have good feedback. The pics may be legit, but that doesn't mean you will get the watch in pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant does the seller have good feedback. The pics may be legit, but that doesn't mean you will get the watch in pics.
Ebay has Money Back Guarantee. Does that count for anything?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
To be honest, I have always wanted a snowflake, so I probably go for it if I like the price. Yankee does have a point though about servicing. I bought a speedy and a vintage omega on ebay. Both are 100 % legit, but both ended up neededing full services within a year of purchase. I think the spring drive movements have to be sent to Japan for service, no idea of the cost though.

·
Registered
20,771 Posts
Fake GS usually have lume on the hands and Swiss made label.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

Reactions: whineboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please note this in the description!!!

"The bracelet has been broken and welded back together from the inside"

If you're good with that...
Sure, I'm thinking of replacing with a leather strap anyway. Appreciate his honesty tbh.
@Brey: That's a gorgeous watch. I love the blue hand - white dial combination.
@bjjkk: go for it! my budget is limited, so if you have the wallet for it then go ahead.

·
Banned
209 Posts
We in the UK, can now have them serviced here, i doubt either they are any more expensive than say omega or Breathing ect.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Does the listing note how old it is? Just FYI, near the start of 2014 they started using a winding rotor with "Tokyo stripe" finishing. Previous to that, the rotor was radially finished like this one appears to be. So yes this one may be closer to service time than some others that may be listed out there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've never seen a replica/fake of a modern Grand Seiko, but I guess if GS succeeds in gaining traction among higher end watch buyers, it is bound to happen. But I agree that quality at this level is impossible to fake as it would be obvious in the hand. And nobody is going to be able to fake the Spring Drive.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Looks good to me, man. Looks exactly like mine. It would be near impossible to replicate that Spring Drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts