WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add my second watch to my collection shortly and need some opinions. Basically, I want an automatic Swiss watch with a black band and a black face for under $2000. I've tried on the Oris F1 day/date, but would like to check out a few more before I make my final decision. All ideas are greatly appreciated.

P.s. I've been on the forum for months now and finally became a member. Lots of great info, and pics of course!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Try the Traser Professional Automatic H3. It shows as sold out on the main Traser site but is available from Traser USA. It's a Swiss made black faced watch with trintium illumination. MSRP is $530.00

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
When you say "black band" do you mean bracelet or strap? If bracelet, that is a pretty narrow category. One idea that comes to mind is a gently used Doxa Sub1000T Sharkhunter.

If you mean black leather strap, however, well the number of watches that fit your criteria numbers in the thousands...maybe give us some indication of what you like--and what you own--to try and help us narrow it down?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say "black band" do you mean bracelet or strap? If bracelet, that is a pretty narrow category. One idea that comes to mind is a gently used Doxa Sub1000T Sharkhunter.

If you mean black leather strap, however, well the number of watches that fit your criteria numbers in the thousands...maybe give us some indication of what you like--and what you own--to try and help us narrow it down?
I should have been more specific but I am open to almost anything except a leather band. Either a SS bracelet or rubber strap, basically something I can snorkel or perhaps dive with and something I can wear to work (flight medic). I'll check out the Doxa and if you can think of anything else in this category it would be greatly appreciated. I currently only have a tag carrera chronograph. The only other requirements would be a date function and luminous hands.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Sinn U1.
Excellent german watch, swiss mvmnt.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I should have been more specific but I am open to almost anything except a leather band. Either a SS bracelet or rubber strap, basically something I can snorkel or perhaps dive with and something I can wear to work (flight medic). I'll check out the Doxa and if you can think of anything else in this category it would be greatly appreciated. I currently only have a tag carrera chronograph. The only other requirements would be a date function and luminous hands.
Thanks for clarifying...you've got a lot of options (the $2000 price limit gives you a lot of wiggle room either to buy new or gently used). Tragic's suggestion (Sinn U1) is a great one. A few other thoughts I have are an Omega Seamaster 2254.50 on a black rubber strap--probably tough to find one of these new since it is discontinued, but gently used models are easy to find. Also, the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon III or Mad Cow both come with both a bracelet but also with both a black rubber strap.

These are just some thoughts based on my tastes, of course...but hope it helps.

·
Registered
25,561 Posts
What about this :

WR 300m, date, good lume (long-lasting : whole night)

The crown is huge because of the bezel-blocking system.

The good ol' MIyota 8215 |>

<400€

Review here :
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1346009#post1346009

Yema online :
http://www.yema.fr/

S

·
0 Posts
Check Alpina, Arctos, Sinn, Steinhart, Laco (german with swiss ETA 2824-2)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot for all the suggestions. I have some research to do and will let you all know what I decided.:thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts