WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need Parts? Pac Parts Mother's Day Sale

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  kung-fusion 
#1 · (Edited)
I just received and email from Pac Parts...although I think someone over there made an error on the listed date of the promotion. It says April, not May. I'm sure it's just a typo as Mother's day isn't in April.

I'm a bit bummed, as I literally spent $50 on parts for my son's GW9010. He came home 2 weeks ago and tore the band and the bezel, when he was playing hand ball at school. His opponent went to slap the ball, but caught his watch band and ended up ripping the band completely off, damaging the lug holes on both the bezel and strap.

I went a little crazy and spent more that I could have though. He wanted to get rid of the red bits...so I bought GW9000 parts along with new grey metal bezel covers :)

Oh well..I figured some of my fellow G Shockers could benefit from the Mother's Day sale as I'm sure all of us have mom's who wear Gshocks? :think: LOL ...

In Honor Of All Those Super Moms!

Happy Mothers Day

Use Promo Code
PAC15

& Save 15% Off On ALL Instock Items!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I thought it's just me who's bothered by Pacparts' shipping fees. More than 10 dollars for the cheapest shipping fee for Illinois, even If I just going to order a 58cents o-ring. I should be better if their promo is free shipping then, rather than 15% discount.
Well it's mother's day promo not for fathers any way.

#8 ·
Yeh...some vendors just gouge on shipping...which I hate. I was lucky though. I'm in the SF Bay Area and they actually didn't gouge on the shipping from LA. Was pretty much standard flat rate USPS for small box.

Are there any other vendors that sell G Shock Casio parts? Seems like Casio doesn't sell directly to the public anymore which makes Pacparts the only game in town now.

#9 ·
It's a shame they don't keep much in stock, but I understand why. It makes more sense from a business standpoint to order only when customers request items rather than keep a large stock of parts that someone might not ever buy. If they wanted to specialize in Casio parts, they could learn which parts are likely to sell well, and keep a steady stock of those parts, but Casio is such a small part of what they do. I have been at their physical location dozens of times to pick up parts, and there are always other people picking up orders, and I have never seen anyone else picking up Casio parts.

#13 ·
PacPart's pricing seems to be based on number of items and/or the total cost of the order (which makes sense from a tracking and insurance point of view).

My tests this morning with DW-6900 parts found:

1-3 spring rods = $4.95 but 4 spring rods = $9.37.

Same results ordering 1-3 or 4 bezel screws or 1-3 or 4 bezels.

1 module or 1 case center was still only $4.95, but two of either (or one of each) drove the cost up to $9.37 as well.

Their shipping prices are a little better than their "old" $11.50 minimum from a year or two ago, but still leave a lot to be desired -- how much extra effort goes into counting or shipping ONE extra screw?

#14 · (Edited)
Probably has to do with insurance and the price of items as flat rate USPS prices go. I take back what I said. They're not really gouging on shipping and seem to be charging based on USPS flat rate shipping. My package came in USPS small flat rate box. I paid around $5 shipping.

So although guys outside of the US (Pacparts is located in Los Angeles CA) pay a premium. That's no different then buying a watch off a fellow forum member here in the states.

What I don't like is their return policy. 20% restocking fee. I hate companies that arbitrarily charge for returns.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I had the same problem buying paintball parts (my other hobby) recently. Postage rates increased by a lot in the last year or two. I had to pay $20 to get something shipped from the US that was about the size of a deck of cards.

What it means for me is that I don't flip things like I used to. If I order it I better need it, and I better be content with keeping it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.