WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Eco-Zilla and while I love the watch, I am finding that the rubber strap is not very comfortable. I think there were others on here who also felt this way.

I am not familiar with the differing kinds of straps, but perhaps some of you could offer some advice on the most comfortable types for such a large watch. I am also guessing I will need to get the adapters from Walter in order to use a new strap. I am open to most materials.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I only leather straps on Strap Culture, and I leaning towards the Zulu Straps now.

However, does anyone know of a good rubber or silicone strap that is very comfortable?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there

The strap you refereed does look quite comfortable and very nice aesthetically! I went to the Ocean 7 site and looked up the strap, but it made no reference to what size the strap was. Can you tell me is it a 22mm or 24 mm strap? Do you think I would need to purchase the pins too? or just use the ones Walter would give me with his 24mm adapter?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hi there

The strap you refereed does look quite comfortable and very nice aesthetically! I went to the Ocean 7 site and looked up the strap, but it made no reference to what size the strap was. Can you tell me is it a 22mm or 24 mm strap? Do you think I would need to purchase the pins too? or just use the ones Walter would give me with his 24mm adapter?

Thank you very much!
It fits 22-24mm since it is very soft. You problably don't need to order any extra pins, but Ocean7 does have some very nice thick 24mm pins that would work well.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you want a leather strap, get the Walter adapters and either send them out to be sewn in or just pick a strap to attach to them.

You might want to pick up the NATO adapters at the same time and look at the different NATO strap options.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Has anyone ever had a problem with cracking of the rubber strap included due to the sharp angle that you have to bend it to put it on? I just got my SS zilla on rubber and thats the first thing i thought about when i got it. I love the strap it feels more sturdy than a G shock strap or even my rubber 6309, but just wondering.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
The strap on the left was the worlds first leather strap on a Zilla, using the OEM bars, too much work involved , but with Walter building his adapters it cut the time down dramatically, the adapters with spring pin you can use ANY strap you choose, the sewn in style requires a lot more skill than some people think, not as simple as it looks.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Shane,

Are they all of your Zilla's? There looks to be 10 or so..

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Shane,

Are they all of your Zilla's? There looks to be 10 or so..
I got 13 at the moment and a couple of 300m, and yes it is a sickness lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
I got 13 at the moment and a couple of 300m, and yes it is a sickness lol
Omg U got 13 eco-zilla`s man..... You`re something then the ordinary...:-!
cool!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bump.

I bought a set of adapters from walter ages ago and lost his contact info. At the time he didnt make a spring pin adapter.
Can someone post some info or pm me his email so I can order a set from him?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts