WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Thw watch is original, the dial is in very nice condition, but the overall condition of this watch is only good, because of the case. Is the price fair? Well, I don't know - in Poland it definitely would not be more than $20-$30 (I'd be very happy to get $30 for this one), but prices on Ebay are always higher than here in Poland - just because we're in the Eastern Block, where these watches were common.

·
Registered
555 Posts
PMWAS is right, I would pay 30, no more, it is a nice dress watch however, its case is worn a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I offered $35 but he quickly declined. Looks like I'm back on the hunt, but I appreciate the help

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Personally I would rethink that. I think 50 is fair with free shipping.( thats commonly 15 bucks right there) Its apples and oranges to compare to polish or Turkish prices with ebay. Its uncommon for a Vostock design generally seen here, and its beautiful. See what you can pick up for 35 that is as nice. I will recommend azbukaua whose watches are generally mint, well priced and work perfectly (in my experience).Good luck.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Just a small note - I used to buy many, many watches from Azbakaua and was always very satisfied. Lately, however, he's had many Raketas (and probably other brands) for sale which are clearly repainted, to varying standards. However, I have no complaints over his pricing, service or the mechanical quality of the watches.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Speaking of Azbukaua, he has another Vostok 2603 right now at a very low price, just a different dial design. I have the same but the case is also really bashed up and the movement is running crazy fast, so I am just leaving it in the bits-and-bobs box. If I chance upon a case in good condition I might get it and have it rebuilt but it is likely to cost more than getting a cleaner one!

LeviMills, the Vostok 2603 movement (26mm, hand-wind, subdial second, shockproof) was developed from the Pobeda K-26; another company who also developed the K-26 into 2603 specifications is Raketa, so you might have an extra option.

As usual, the all-up price should reflect its overall condition as well, and do bear in mind that you ought to factor in the cost of getting it serviced too.

Personally I really like Pobeda and its derivatives, they are meant to be popularly priced, everyman's watches, so I do not really think that any of them should incur significant outlay, even today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts