WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2 part query. The second is my main question if you don't want to read a paragraph...

1) I have a 2 and 1/2 year old X9Mi that I rarely use. I do take it on hikes, long drives, cruises, and use it when the GPS function and other tools are either fun to use or out of necessity. It is not my daily watch and I take it out of my case about once a month for use(i do take it out to keep it charged). Anyway, I took it on a cruise we went on so I could test the GPS functions and it worked flawlessly out on the ocean. Though on the return trip, the GPS functions froze up on me. When I got home, I connected it to my PC and it seemed to reset and worked again. So anyway, the GPS freezing up is an issue I hope does not happen again. Has anyone else had this happen?

2) Lastly the middle right button cover on the right hand side has basically fallen away from the main piece that covers all the other function buttons. For those of you who own this watch, you know that that button is the most often used. It still works, but it is no longer attached. It is a one piece so I have to replace what amounts to be the whole rubber/plastic cover. Has anyone done this before? Did you send it to Suunto to do it? How much was it? I don't want to send it to them and have them tell me it will be 100 bucks after I spend the time and $$ on shipping when I could replace that piece myself, assuming they would send it to me.

Thank all!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi there,

Regarding the freezing, some more knowledgeable may have better advice but I think the device is likely used up all of its TRACKS memory. So, you should delete all the tracks and memory etc next time you go Trek Manager.

Regarding the button, its essentially a dust cover and does not effect the use of the device. If you want it fixed though, you have to send to Suunto. If its not over 2 years old, this is a warranty item.

Hope this helps!!

m

1 - 2 of 2 Posts