WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
It's a Speedmaster reduced, not the Speedmaster Pro. As the ad says, it is smaller than the Speedy Pro, and it is an automatic instead of a manual wind.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Its a Speedmaster reduced

Looks to be original, in good shape and a real Omega. It should go
for between $800 and $1200 usd. Seller has sold three of them in the last
90 days. He has good feedback but I would ask him about the other three
he sold. Doesn't look to be the same watch, but you never know.
Be careful and ask questions. Its a nice watch but I would get a used,
full size Speedy for a few dollars more, thats just my thoughts.
Nice watch and will serve you well.
jim

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Oh Henning...........................

You would be well served to take Jim's advice. I own both, there is no comparison between the two watches. Speedy reduced is OK, But it ain't a Speedmaster Professional, never will be. As a matter of fact, I'd be interested in knowing how others felt, as well. Anyone? David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: Oh Henning...........................

You would be well served to take Jim's advice. I own both, there is no comparison between the two watches. Speedy reduced is OK, But it ain't a Speedmaster Professional, never will be. As a matter of fact, I'd be interested in knowing how others felt, as well. Anyone? David
Well I for one think you are 99% full of crap .... oh, you mean about the Speedy. Yea, Speedy Pro is the real deal. I like the reduced, but would definitely get the Pro first. ;-) - David

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I sort of view the reduced as the "Ladies" Speedmaster...:-x

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Well Tuff.............

I think that it is a pussy Speedmaster. But, That's just me. Thanks. David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
You always know the right thing to say........

pussy speedy huh? As a matter of fact, I can't think of anyone better qualified to piss someone off quicker than you.
So, big deal, its a ladies, pussy Speedmaster. You got one, You just
said so. What about that?
jim

ps
nobodys posting this evening so maybe we can stir things up a little.
whatta you say? DMB?

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: You always know the right thing to say........

pussy speedy huh? As a matter of fact, I can't think of anyone better qualified to piss someone off quicker than you.
So, big deal, its a ladies, pussy Speedmaster. You got one, You just
said so. What about that?
jim

ps
nobodys posting this evening so maybe we can stir things up a little.
whatta you say? DMB?
hey, that's sweet. You got the matching purse? ;-) - David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A warm welcome to you Henning, and as you can see already, you'll get your advice around here mixed with a seasoning of wit and fun. Enjoy. And I think it'd look nice with a skirt....b-)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, henning. I'm sure you know that these guys are just goofin with you. The Reduced is a perfectly fine watch. It has a nice design and a capable movement. And, as you noted, it's quite a bit less expensive that the Professional. You can find a pre-owned Reduced for well under $1000, whereas Pros usually go for around $1500. In fact, from a lot of other manufacturers, the Reduced would be an excellent watch. The problem is that it sells along side the afore mentioned Speedmaster Professional, which is an iconic watch.

I know that when I was a student, I would've been more than pleased to wear a watch of the quality of the Reduced. If it's what your budget allows, and you like the watch, then go for it and enjoy it. Maybe, sometime down the road, you'll have a chance to add a Pro.

eric

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Welcome Mr Henning

Welcome to a really great forum. Hope you enjoy it here.
We are just kinda fooling around on a lazy sunday and hope
you weren't offended.
There are many styles of that reduced Speedmaster and all
perform well. If taken care of, it will last a lifetime.
Looking forward to hearing from you agian.
jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Welcome Mr Henning

Welcome to a really great forum. Hope you enjoy it here.
We are just kinda fooling around on a lazy sunday and hope
you weren't offended.
There are many styles of that reduced Speedmaster and all
perform well. If taken care of, it will last a lifetime.
Looking forward to hearing from you agian.
jim
Hi guys
Didnt buy the watch but i think it is what i am looking for. Offcourse i would prefer the real deal ( the pro) if i had the money, but i can see some advantages with the reduced: I have quite thin wrists so i think it might look better. I hate when the watches look too big ( like wearing a breitling). I will look around some more though. Thanks for the advice though!
H

·
Registered
661 Posts
I stil think the reduced is a better size for wearing day to day. Especially when you're not on a space mission! However, the current fashion for oversized watches has made the bigger Pro version a lot more acceptable. Both are very nice watches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts