WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I know people always ask for help deciding on what watch to choose, but I have a watch in mind the Margrette Moana Pacific professional, I am just looking for feed back on the color combination I should get. Hear are the pictures of the choices.

Rose gold PVD/Grey Dial

SS/Blue Dial

Thanks in advance on your input

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hm. Very tough choice.

Based solely on the case finishes (polished) I'd choose blue, as the rose gold may be just slightly blingy. But if I had to choose just between the dials/bezels, I'd be stuck.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Tough call. Rose gold is all the rage and is pretty nice. Blue is my favorite color though... so personally, in this case, I give the nod to blue. That said - they are both nice.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually I dont go for gold or rose gold watches but in this case I think it looks good on this model but I have a feeling I might regret buying a gold watch, Normally it would not be a tough decision but for some reason I keep looking at the gold one. That is the problem with ordering a watch without being able to hold it and see them first hand. At the moment I dont have a blue faced watch. DAMN

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is the gold brushed? It looks kind of matte from the images. If it's not shiny/polished, I like the gold. The blue is very nice also though. You should get whatever speaks to you most, you can't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
They're both awful purty, but personally I prefer the blue.

·
Vendor
25,465 Posts
If you haven't already done so, I'd check out the Magrette Regattare, which has a similar dial but an internal bezel. I think it's better looking than the MPP, IMHO, and the same price. It looks like it only comes in black dial/stainless case, so no agonizing over choosing a color.

View attachment 1022511

I think the blue is the better of the two, but it's almost a toss-up.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That rose gold looks more like a copper, and I loves me some copper. Built a pot rack with some copper, would love to have some on a watch (minus the patina that would probably develop).

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of gold or rose gold, but that pvd/gray tones it down to little more than an accent IMO. Can't go wrong with the blue, either IMO. I see the blue as a more casual look than the rose gold, so I'd keep that in mind.

The one Doc suggested is really nice as well.

Tough call either way, really.

·
Vendor
25,465 Posts
I love noobs. They have no idea how lousy I am at picking nice watches...

Reactions: H3RRINGTON
1 - 15 of 15 Posts