WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Slight preference to the brown in the abstract, but you should also consider your own skin tone.

Reactions: StonerDude

·
Registered
10,150 Posts

When you are lucky enough to find a strap that coordinates perfectly with the dial markers and brings them up off the dial you buy it. Strap #2 puts the emphasis on it's white stitching and the white on the dial, the strap color itself is immaterial, its a mediocre effect.

I own both of those Colareb Venezia's, I know from which I speak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

When you are lucky enough to find a strap that coordinates perfectly with the dial markers and brings them up off the dial you buy it. Strap #2 puts the emphasis on it's white stitching and the white on the dial, the strap color itself is immaterial, its a mediocre effect.

I own both of those Colareb Venezia's, I know from which I speak.
Thanks for sharing your weltanschauung (as german people said), your worldview. It help me a lot and I will apply this formula in the future!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Thanks for sharing your weltanschauung (as german people said), your worldview. It help me a lot and I will apply this formula in the future!

Happy to help. My watch above, 5 very different looks based on strap choice.

Black Leather strap makes one look at the watch + strap in its entirety as one holistic structure and that sea of blackness really makes the lume dots, hands, and bezel markings jump off. It's what your eye focuses on.

Honey Leather strap makes one look at the head of the watch as it's black parts and steel case have equal weight and contrast starkly against the natural leather.

Bond NATO strap makes one look almost exclusively at the strap, the watch becomes very secondary.

Grey NATO strap makes the steel case disappear, one looks exclusively at the bezel and dial.

Tan NATO strap is interesting, matches the creamy patina lume dots and offers a decent amount of contrast to the steel case.

You have to be very careful and very thoughtful when you put a watch on a strap. Congruity and/or contrast need to be played smartly. It's a fun and underrated part of the hobby. Do it right and you've successfully got multiple looks from the same watch. Do it wrong and you've taken a great timepiece and compromised it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Of those two straps #1 by far. It matches well with the watch, has good contrast with the dial, but also enhances it. The second strap just contrasts, and not in a good way in my opinion.

Like gangrel said though, consider skin tone too. Based on your pic of the watch on bracelet I still advise 1 though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello folks,

I'm planning on change the strap to my Seiko SNKL17, I'm between this two:

View attachment 13078063 or View attachment 13078065

What do you think?
I like your style! Truth is both straps look like they belong with that colored dial/hands. I favor the tan over the mud for one simple reason though. The tan/light brown will age to a darker shade of brown anyway. It may end up looking very similar to the mud. I love that look of worn leather.

I prefer leather cases for my iPhone. Currently the case is a chestnut/cognac color. I just love it, but it started out as a light shade like the tan strap shown in the picture.

Great choice in straps Sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks dear friends for the piece of advice, specially to Sportura, Grangel, Karkarov and Tango!
I'm buying the light brown strap!

Cheers!

Facundo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts