WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Watchuseekers! Need help identifying a watch and I'm pretty stumped here.

Any idea what it could be? I suppose it's something high-end (Ulysse Nardin perhaps?) but I only have this not very revealing photo of it.

Suggestions would be highly appreciated!

https://imgur.com/nGPX088

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Pretty difficult to identify given the angle unless there is a watch sleuth that lurks in the midst. Some context regarding this picture might help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What makes you think it is high-end?
Pretty difficult to identify given the angle unless there is a watch sleuth that lurks in the midst. Some context regarding this picture might help.
Guy wearing it is among the wealthiest and most influential politicians this side of Eastern Europe, and he recently took a trip to Ulysse Nardin manufactory. The raised portion surrounding the crown as well as the jagged bezel made me think UN Maxi Marine chrono, but I was hoping the forum would be full of watch geniuses who'd know better.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I was hoping the forum would be full of watch geniuses who'd know better.
I don't know if there are any geniuses around here, but I can say that my old Glycine D 24 09 had a similar side profile, especially the lugs. Not all wealthy people wear expensive watches. Maybe he's an Invicta fan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not all wealthy people wear expensive watches.
You clearly haven't been to Eastern Europe mate :)

But thanks for the lead. Gonna google some less fancy watches to see if I hit a match.

I'm actually writing a piece on watches local celebrities wear around here, and this guy is the talk of the town but always keeps his watches neatly tucked in his sleeve. Quite frustrating.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely looks like the UN Marine Chronometer Manufacture from 2013 (or a similar copycat design). Retail price around 9,000 Euro. Photo below.

BTW, do tell - who is the Eastern European tycoon ;-) ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, do tell - who is the Eastern European tycoon ;-) ?
Liviu Dragnea, leader of Romania's Social Democrats and unofficial head of state, sentenced for electoral fraud a few years ago and currently under trial for abuse of office. A would-be Romanian Erdogan if that rings any bells :)

A few months ago he took a trip to Ulysse N.'s Le Locle manufactory with his young girlfriend. Upon being asked whether he bought anything from over there, he replied "Ulysse Nardin? Do you have any idea how much those cost?", which is what prompted some of us to wonder what he's been wearing over the years. Unlike most Romanian politicians, he usually wears long sleeves though...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts