WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks. First off, I'm new to this forum and the world of watches in general. Please give me lots of constructive criticism!:-!

So, I'm trying to buy a vintage Omega watch. This is my second time buying a mechanical watch EVER, with my first being a complete disaster.o|

First question: is it alright to buy a vintage watch for everyday use? I mean, a new watch is all good and everything, but these watches below just makes me drool all over the picture and I was thinking that it's not so bad wearing old watches. The watch I've got in mind was serviced recently, and my everyday life is quite bland; just studying as a college student. I don't do any sports (including swimming) do physical labor, or any part time job at the moment. I have no reason to be near water (and I will take the watch off when washing hands).

Second Question: I'm thinking of buying one of these omega vintage watches, both of them recently serviced:

both
Omega Antique 1897 Mens Large Wristwatch Porcelain Dial | eBay

Omega Antique 1911 RARE USA Swiss Wristwatch Metal Dial | eBay

I think it looks valid; they are both Swiss made, and if I am correct, you can't use the word "Swiss made" unless they are really made from Switzerland (some sort of trademark?), but I still would like to hear any opinion on these watches. Thanks in advance!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts