WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! New member to the watchuseek community here!

Have been finding answers in regards to the Seiko SNL025P1. However i cannot seem to find much information about this piece.

Anyone could help me out here? Thanks in advance!!;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, i am looking for the kind of movement it has and how it actually works. for example, is it using capacitor or a rechargeable battery for it's kinetic movement.

additionally i am also interested in it's 2nd hand sale value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had for some years an SNL029P1 which shares the same movement. I might be able to answer your questions.

View attachment 930939
Yup, that looks like it. What specific info were you looking for?
oh, i am looking for the kind of movement it has and how it actually works. for example, is it using capacitor or a rechargeable battery for it's kinetic movement.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'm not sure about the value, but a kinetic movement is a quartz movement that is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery is charged by a rotor that turns when the watch is moved, similar to an automatic watch. However, instead of the rotor winding a spring, it generates a charge that is stored in a rechargeable battery. A full charge can last for up to 6 months. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
I'm not sure about the value, but a kinetic movement is a quartz movement that is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery is charged by a rotor that turns when the watch is moved, similar to an automatic watch. However, instead of the rotor winding a spring, it generates a charge that is stored in a rechargeable battery. A full charge can last for up to 6 months. Hope this helps.
There's not much to add. :)

The battery is a Panasonic titanium lithium rechargeable and a full charge in this watch lasts up to five months. Contrary to what the instructions say in this respect it is not necessary to wear the watch 12 hours per day to keep it running: in practice even one/two hours are enough or one day per week. This is still valid on my 5 y.o. specimen. Unfortunately this Kinetic can not be manually wound.

The movement is a 7L22 and in case you are interested in the manual you can find it here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.