WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, did a little custom work for someone on this, they decided they didn't want it anymore (a year later) and I bought it off them. The price was right, but I am having this issue here....

I've gone in and wiped the contacts and the LCD and fiddled with the ribbons a bit. But I cannot get the numbers fully displayed!

And yes, I did an AC reset ;)

Any clues? Let me know!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Are there two ribbons? And if so, did you try switching them? Wiping the pcb, and or the lcd where it contacts the ribbon? That's all I've got.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Did you remove the battery before the reset?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
You probably fuxored your LCD connector strips. See if you can still fix them. If not, you need to salvage another strip(s) from another module.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there two ribbons? And if so, did you try switching them? Wiping the pcb, and or the lcd where it contacts the ribbon? That's all I've got.
Yep, I believe I flipped them, swapped them, wiped everything down with some alcohol, etc. :S

Did you remove the battery before the reset?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Now that I think about it, I don't believe I took the battery out.... Haha. Pulling apart the module does reset everything, but I haven't straight pulled the battery, at least not yesterday, I'll give that a whirl!

You probably fuxored your LCD connector strips. See if you can still fix them. If not, you need to salvage another strip(s) from another module.
Well, these missing bits were present when I bought it back from the guy, so unless he was sneaky and disassembled the watch himself, I'm kind of at a loss here. I'll be looking around for some GW9300/G9300 stuff though in the near future, regardless! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts