WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi peeps

Just ordered a new deployment clasp 16mm & a Spring Bar Tool from otto frei's and a new leather strap from the omega boutique here in Sydney.

Should be receiving them in about 2-3 weeks so around xmas time. :-!

Q1. Im new to straps so any tips on changing the spring bars ? - I have heard if not careful with changing it could result to scratches. :-(

Q2. Any info on attaching the deployment buckle clasp to the leather strap ?

Thanks in advance

Note= Thanks to John wilson for the info on the strap I will be getting a similar combo as you have in the attachment. :thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The Omega deployant is quite easy to deal with but there are actually three spring bars, two for the lugs and one for attaching the strap to the clasp. Adjustments are a simple matter of moving the post to differnet holes.

And yes, unless you are very careful, scratches will occur but will polish out easily with a fine grit. Some suggest using tape to protect the finish but polishing works fine for me.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i was thinking about using some tape to protect the case I have seen people to polish the hesalite crystal.

might have to give polishing a try as well on some of my older watches.

Thanks mate.

The Omega deployant is quite easy to deal with but there are actually three spring bars, two for the lugs and one for attaching the strap to the clasp. Adjustments are a simple matter of moving the post to differnet holes.

And yes, unless you are very careful, scratches will occur but will polish out easily with a fine grit. Some suggest using tape to protect the finish but polishing works fine for me.

Fr. John+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts